Cannot reproduce Can't create a media gallery post

gib

Affected version
XFMG beta1
Installed a clean version of XF 2.3b1 with XFMG 2.3b1, I can upload images fine into a forum post, but it won't create a Media Gallery entry.

I have tried PHP v8.3 and PHP 8.2 and used recent Chrome and Firefox, but it doesn't ask for the media gallery title, description, caption or tags, it just sits at the screen shown below.
1710872756398.webp

I can view the attachment in the Admin, Content, Attachments section, but it shows up as "Unassociated"
No errors in the XF logs, using default style (no addons installed, only XFMG)

Not experiencing that here or on other test sites.

If anything this would probably be more of a JavaScript issue. Any errors in the browser console? Any other functionality not working? Such as the rich text edtor or menus not opening?

I get the following error in the browser console (I'm using a totally clean XF install using the full zip file and PHP 8.3)

media_add.min.js?_v=d101c426:6 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at media_add.min.js?_v=d101c426:6:241
(anonymous) @ media_add.min.js?_v=d101c426:6

I can upload fine onto Xenfor Media Gallery on xenforo.com.

Not sure how this can be a clean install then. There is no jQuery in the new version. If you have uploaded the 2.3 files to a location where you previously had XF installed, you may need to make sure the original files were overwritten.

It was a totally clean install (starting with no files, fresh DB and the FULL install zip file of 19,016 KB)

I then tried updating my existing XF 2.2 site using the update files zip and it works fine when uploading a media gallery item.

I will do a fresh install of XF 2.3b1 Full installer and XFMG 2.3b1 addon and see how it fares (with an empty file system and fresh DB) again

Also did some testing and there is something weird going on.

• Added new gallery album with test image -> works
  • Viewed gallery with image -> works
  • Created new thread with gallery image attached -> didn't work

Well, sort of...

After clicking "Post thread", nothing happened.
I tried changing the ATTACH bbcode to just simple text, still nothing. Tried a few other things, nothing.

After refreshing I noticed 6 newly created threads.

It was a totally clean install (starting with no files, fresh DB and the FULL install zip file of 19,016 KB)

I then tried updating my existing XF 2.2 site using the update files zip and it works fine when uploading a media gallery item.

I will do a fresh install of XF 2.3b1 Full installer and XFMG 2.3b1 addon and see how it fares (with an empty file system and fresh DB) again
Something went wrong I can assure you. There is no mention of jQuery in that file.

Are you using Media Gallery 2.3 Beta 1 too? 2.2 won't work.

Maybe my FULL INSTALL zip is missing some files ?

I ran a health check on the two variations of v2.3b1

v2.3 upgrade zip All : 6,229 checked files are present and correct.
v2.3 Full install zip : All 5,885 checked files are present and correct

Something went wrong I can assure you. There is no mention of jQuery in that file.

Are you using Media Gallery 2.3 Beta 1 too? 2.2 won't work.
Yes, both were installed from the FULL install zips for XF 2.3b1 (XF and XFMG)

Yes, both were installed from the FULL install zips for XF 2.3b1 (XF and XFMG)
Maybe my FULL INSTALL zip is missing some files ?

I ran a health check on the two variations of v2.3b1

v2.3 upgrade zip All : 6,229 checked files are present and correct.
v2.3 Full install zip : All 5,885 checked files are present and correct

I can PM you my license details if you want to check the zip files

The upgrade zip file has 13,480 files in it
The full install zip file as 13,484 files in it

I would have expected more of a difference between the two zip files

No, it doesn't work like that. The number of files is essentially the same.

No need to check your files. There's a logical explanation for this that isn't anything to do with what you downloaded.

It's going to be cache related or some other issue with what was uploaded.

Looks like the gold old "USER ERROR"

XF 2.3b1 had installed the v2.2 version of XFMG, I deleted the addon and enabled advanced mode and un-ticked the "Only check for stable upgrades"
XMFG 2.3b1 installed and all working out of the box

Sorry for not checking that earlier (I had unticked it when playing with the upgrade zip file just before doing a clean install which resets the tickbox)

Top Bottom