Cannot post over 500 Mbs to Resources

Xyphien

HawkHost said:
Hello,

Unfortunately we're not sure why this wouldn't work through your software, at the server / PHP level everything is set properly to allow these uploads. If you haven't already I'd recommend contacting your software creators support team or post on a community / public board asking for suggestions about uploading 500MB+ files through a web interface.

While trying to replicate this I also noticed there's an "External download URL" option. If that's an option for what you're trying to do it may be an easier approach than trying to debug why uploading such a large file isn't working.
<br />------------------------------<br />
Brian F.<br />
Operations Manager, Hawk Host<br />

I'm trying to figure out why myself, members, or even my host is unable to post anything through the resources on my website that exceeds 500 mbs Someone is trying to sell a resource that is a massive pack of all of their work which comes to I believe 572mbs.

1538767361323.webp

1538767385893.webp

Everything I can think of is set up correctly. The host has checked all ends on their end and cannot figure out why. I have the ability to upload up to 1gb resources, however whenever anyone tries past 500mb through the site they're unable to do so.

thumbnail (1).webp

I've set thee max filesize to 600m in the info.php, as well as went into the PhP settings and changed them to 1gb.

What is your post_max_size set to?

It must be larger than upload_max_filesize

memory_limit should be larger than post_max_size
post_max_size should be larger than upload_max_filesize

What is your post_max_size set to?

It must be larger than upload_max_filesize

memory_limit should be larger than post_max_size
post_max_size should be larger than upload_max_filesize
It's all set to 1gb. None of which comes close to 500mb

I was going to suggest post_max as it is sometimes forgotten about when thinking of upload_max , as @Snog has mentioned is correct.

Although quite / very unlikely check or have your host check that the upload_tmp_dir is not on a separate partition and is too small for this, as the uploaded data has to go 'somewhere'

EDIT. Thinking about it more , I am assuming there is nothing helpful in the php errorr log ?

I was going to suggest post_max as it is sometimes forgotten about when thinking of upload_max , as @Snog has mentioned is correct.

Although quite / very unlikely check or have your host check that the upload_tmp_dir is not on a separate partition and is too small for this, as the uploaded data has to go 'somewhere'

EDIT. Thinking about it more , I am assuming there is nothing helpful in the php errorr log ?
Actually what are max_input_time and max_execution_time set to ? I wonder if its timing out ?
1538789585449.webp

There is likely an error in the user's browser console possibly.
I'm not sure where to find that at? And do you mean user as in the person trying to upload it, if that's the case then there happens to be the same error on myself, the user, and three staff over at hawkhost.

To see the browser console hit F12 then the console tab (if it isn't selected by default).

Chrome for example:
1538792151985.webp

I'm not saying it is a user error, and not sure what you have posted in the screenshot. You need to monitor the console for any errors that may appear when uploading on your site. In some cases when there is no visual error the browser console can tell some details what was going on when the upload stopped.

I'm not saying it is a user error, and not sure what you have posted in the screenshot. You need to monitor the console for any errors that may appear when uploading on your site. In some cases when there is no visual error the browser console can tell some details what was going on when the upload stopped.
1538797624674.webp

I would try a default style and probably another browser (or maybe try without so many tabs open..). There's a lot going on there and some blocking by your client (browser).

It's all set to 1gb. None of which comes close to 500mb

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but you say post_max_size is set to 1GB. But the screenshot you posted with the PHP Selector shows it set to 128M.

If that's really set to 128M, that's your problem right there.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but you say post_max_size is set to 1GB. But the screenshot you posted with the PHP Selector shows it set to 128M.

If that's really set to 128M, that's your problem right there.

Yes I just saw that in the screenshot although it is difficult to read. That is likely the real concern if it is 128MB...

Top Bottom