XF 1.4 Cannot post new thread in a forum

LuvMeSumZen

I have one particular forum that we closed for posting to all groups temporarily except admin. The only thing is that now even me and my other admin cannot post a new thread either. Making new posts in existing threads works fine for all UGs as it should be.

In the node permissions for that forum I have set the Admin as Allow all the way down the line, and even did so to me as a user in that forum. I also checked my User Permissions and everything is allow all the way down the line, but the Post New Thread isn't in that one forum for me and my other admin.

I know it's something simple I'm missing but I've been trying to solve it for 30 minutes.

For others that may be interested, what you should do is go into that forum node, on the permissions for the registered and unregistered revoke read/write/view permissions. Then go the the selected admin/moderator groups you want to allow access to that/those nodes and specifically grant them read/write/view node permissions.

Ah, but we know that most people can't be troubled with reading more than a few lines of text for instructions, and having to search through it for a specific item. More important things to do, like scratch their nose. :D

Being judgemental doesn't help anyone. And these snotty comments came after 1) I had noticed that I had figured it out on my own and 2) after I had just written a lengthy post of support for the XF staff and community on another forum where XF bashing was taking place. What kind of karma is that eh? Thanks fellas I won't be so quick to have your backs next time if this is the thanks I get.

Last edited by a moderator:
You feeling specifically targeted? To often I see people asking questions that have been answered (and not just one time but MANY times) and they can't or won't take the time to do a search.
You don't like the forum search features? Well, guess what, Google's can be used also to find that you need.
The "You" is not targeted at YOU specifically but at the "You"s that do this without fail.

If you notice, after your "I figured it out" post - which, BTW helps absolutely nobody since you don't say HOW you figured it out - there are some simple instructions on how to do it.
If you really want to be helpful yourself, when you figure it out - instead of just saying "I figured it out", how about posting WHAT you did so that others that may be reading/searching can possibly find an answer.

Tracy you don't know my "feelings" but thanks for your very helpful insight and sage advice just the same.
That's why I asked if you felt you were being specifically targeted. A lot of the questions that are asked frequently are answered in the FAQ's that Brogan has in his signature. Sometimes I wish the FAQ was a little more noticeable as it can be easily overlooked by someone that has gotten frustrated with a problem.

Top Bottom