XF 2.1 Cannot make threads sticky

Arnie

I have just upgraded from 1.5 to 2.1. I cannot make threads sticky. I looked at permissions and that seems ok. No option to make threads sticky.

You can stick a thread on 1.5 doing the same thing, it just looks different.

We do have a couple addons that adds options to the edit box for 2.1

Are you sure that your permissions are correct? Use the Analyze Permissions feature in the ACP to properly check this (check both the global permissions as well as the node permissions for the node you are having problems with).

Have you physically made yourself a moderator and not just change your usergroup to moderating? Admins must make themselves moderators as well to do a lot of front end forum work.

Have you physically made yourself a moderator and not just change your usergroup to moderating? Admins must make themselves moderators as well to do a lot of front end forum work.
In the case of making threads sticky and locking threads, you don't need to be a moderator, you only need to grant the relevant user group permissions to do these (which whilst labelled as moderating permissions, don't actually make you a moderator; for access to the approval queue and reports and some other functionality that is where you need to be made a moderator in the ACP).

Top Bottom