XF 2.0 Cannot Install

Rusty Snippets

Did I read that we have to have a secure SSL setup to use 2.0? I've tried everything and still get the 'security' error when trying to install 2.0.

That sounds like your browser either not accepting cookies (probably unlikely given that you're posting here) or PHP/XF isn't seeing the cookies sent from your browser. That would likely be a server config thing.

I just tried to install 1.5.15 and had trouble too. It didn't want to set up the config file correctly. I did it manually, then it didn't want to accept the Admin name, password and e-mail!

No, it was not already installed. Both were clean, new installs. Looks like my host has some problems.

!! UPDATE !! This is informational only at this point. I'm moving the site and reinstalling from scratch. I do believe the failed first attempt that currupted the DB had to do with the forced SSL on the server. Just a thought.

My install crashed 1/2 way thorugh with an SSL error (I have forced HTTPS on the site). I turned of the HTTPS redirect and ran the installer again and got this far:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'itchatterbox20170930.xf_style_property_definition' doesn't exist in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 183

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 34
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 44
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 67
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 84
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchAll() in src/XF/Install/Upgrade/2000010-200a.php at line 503
  6. XF\Install\Upgrade\Version2000010->step6() in src/XF/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 155
  7. XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1831
  11. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  12. XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line 14
So I did this:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `xf_style_property_definition` (
`property_definition_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`definition_style_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
`group_name` varchar(25) DEFAULT NULL,
`title` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`description` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`property_name` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`property_type` enum('scalar','css') NOT NULL,
`css_components` blob NOT NULL,
`scalar_type` enum('','longstring','color','number','boolean','template') NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`scalar_parameters` varchar(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'Additional arguments for the given scalar type',
`addon_id` varchar(25) NOT NULL,
`display_order` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`sub_group` varchar(25) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'Allows loose grouping of scalars within a group',
PRIMARY KEY (`property_definition_id`),
UNIQUE KEY `definition_style_id_property_name` (`definition_style_id`,`property_name`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=327 ;

and now I get this:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'property.property_definition_id' in 'on clause' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 183

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 34
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 44
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 67
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 84
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchAll() in src/XF/Install/Upgrade/2000010-200a.php at line 503
  6. XF\Install\Upgrade\Version2000010->step6() in src/XF/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 155
  7. XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1831
  11. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  12. XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line 14

Last edited:
If you have a crash during an upgrade, you would generally want to try to refresh then and there as re-running previous steps may certainly fail. However, even then, it can't necessarily be guaranteed, so the safest bet may be to restore to the pre-upgrade backup and attempt the upgrade again.

Hello!

I have exactly the same problem as @kstiegler, but the problem is not SSL, the problem are the resources of the shared server.

I use shared hosting, and when I get to step 42, the server crashes because of resource overhead.

I even tested it with a clean installation of XenForo 1.5.15 in case the previous one was corrupt and I still have the same problem.

Is it possible to make update steps more slowly to avoid server overhead? Like "Rebuild Search Index" cache.

Otherwise, I think it's possible that in the future (when the definitive version of XenForo 2 is released), more people with shared servers may have the same problem.

Thanks and regards

Top Bottom