1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Cannot install on Ubuntu + NGINX

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by ChadTheDJ, Feb 28, 2012.

1. ChadTheDJ

ChadTheDJ Member

OK, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong as this is heavily documented. Everything I try however, is not working...

This is where I am at right now:

http://www.bestgaminghosts.com << all it does is download the 404 page...odd right?

I got the files for the forums right on the root of the directory. I am using NGINX with the following rules:
    Code:
    server {
            listen  76.73.7.118:80; ## listen for ipv4; this line is default and implied

root /srv/www/bestgaminghosts.com;

server_name bestgaminghosts.com www.bestgaminghosts.com;

location / {
            try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$uri&$args;
            index index.php index.html;
    }

location ~ \.php$ {
                    try_files $uri /index.php
                    # NOTE: You should have "cgi.fix_pathinfo = 0;" in php.ini

fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
                    fastcgi_index index.php;
                    include fastcgi_params;
            }

}

Can you let me know what I am doing wrong as I seriously cannot figure this out.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The PHP code is showing when I try to load your URL. That means PHP is not working or is not installed. Be sure to setup PHP on your server.

3. ChadTheDJ

ChadTheDJ Member

@jake, I have other websites on that same server running just fine via php. Sorry I forgot to include that detail.

4. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Assuming you're using php-fpm for the other sites as well, check your permissions. Can the php-fpm user run and execute on those folders?