As designed Cannot install add-ons through CLI without dev output when development mode is enabled

Jake B.

Affected version
When trying to install XFRM and XFMG through the CLI with debug and development mode enabled none of the data (templates, navlinks, permissions, etc) gets imported. I'm assuming this is because it's requiring dev output to exist, but in earlier versions it specifically asked if you wanted to import from _output when installing an add-on, I assume this started happening when that was changed. Can install these add-ons fine through AdminCP

It doesn't require dev output to exist, but it will check to see if it does exist and valid and import it from that.

Valid in this context means the _output directory exists, the add-on is not skipped via config.php and has contents. At a guess, the _output directory exists and it contains something (maybe even just a sub directory) but that will basically mean it will try and import the data from there rather than the _data directory.

It doesn't require dev output to exist, but it will check to see if it does exist and valid and import it from that.

Valid in this context means the _output directory exists, the add-on is not skipped via config.php and has contents. At a guess, the _output directory exists and it contains something (maybe even just a sub directory) but that will basically mean it will try and import the data from there rather than the _data directory.

Hmm, yeah. The _output directory does exist within XFMG and XFRM, but I think it was generated somehow automatically at some point as it contains bb_codes, member_stats and template_modifications directories. I know there is a config option to prevent certain add-ons from generating dev output automatically, and that it's set to ignore XenForo's core maybe first party add-ons should be added to this as well

Top Bottom