XF 2.1 Cannot get images to work.

Coming from VB4, I seem to have old habbits getting in the way of understanding my new XF2 forum!

I have tried everything from enabling all options to do with attachments and images, to removing them all.
None of my users (including myself) can figure out how to just link an image so it appears in a thread.

In the old VB4 forum, you just plunked in a link, or did this...

Hmm.. looking at my post, the "IMG" tag test I did in the line above DID actually attempt to place an inline image here. This does nothing in my forum!

In my new forum, this does not work, and the image button only shows this...

I am the Administrator, and I have no idea how to fix this.
When I click the image icon, it shows a chain link icon, then allows post "by url".

In desperation, I went to all usergroups (admin and registered) and enabled all options to yes.. every single one.
Still nothing.

I really don't want to have images uploaded here (can't afford the hosting space), and I originally hoped that just allowing a link to am image would work.

I am at a loss as to what I broke here.
Could it have something to do with the fact that I also purchased the Media Gallery?

My ultimate goal is to allow users to post their photos mainly in the Media Gallery, and only EXTERNAL image links in the forum.

Thanks,
Brad

Ok, I fixed the "Something Went Wrong" problem.
Wish I knew how, but am just glad things are working now.

All I really did was enable every single option possible for all user groups, then go back and put the exactly haw they were when things were not working.

Oddly though, it remained broken for several hours (I had given up), and then just miraculously began to function without any change.
And yes, I had cleared cache, cookies, and even done fresh installs of browsers on several computers here during tests.

I am glad things are working, and will just leave it at that.
Until I break something else... later!

Brad

Thanks, it has been working good since my last post.
Still don't know what happened, maybe the settings didn't save properly the first time.

The forum is working great so far, and I think I am finally over most of the growing pains.

Brad

Top Bottom