XF 1.5 Cannot delete test image

kadona

A test image was posted by a full member. It appeared under quarantine even though he was a full member. I did not want to delete it or allow it thinking it would be put on hold if I pressed 'do nothing' - which latter I did. Now that the test image is no longer necessary I tried to delete it, but it is fixed and will not delete. I went to where it was posted but I could not delete it there either. Can somebody tell me how to delete it? The the little red arrow button showing posts under quarantine cannot be removed. It is fixed there.

No errors? When you submit the deletion what happens? Are there any related errors in the log?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

There are two kinds of deletions... physical deletion and soft deletion. Maybe you soft deleted the item in which case it is normal to see a placeholder.

No errors? When you submit the deletion what happens? Are there any related errors in the log?

There is no delete button, just a collapse button. I found an 'edit' button, but no delete.
I followed your directions to Server Error Log, and there was nothing there.

When the test image was posted and it showed as a 'quarantined' post (albeit to a full member) I pressed the 'do nothing' button so as to view it.
Later, when the test was accepted and posted officially I could not delete where I had initially said 'do nothing'. Then I proceeded as in above post.

Is it a post attachment? If you already approved it then it won't show in the moderation queue anymore. But you should be able to use inline moderation to delete the post if you have appropriate moderator permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> Moderators

Note that admins don't necessarily have full moderator permissions. Those permissions need to be explicitly set.

Is it a post attachment? If you already approved it then it won't show in the moderation queue anymore. But you should be able to use inline moderation to delete the post if you have appropriate moderator permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> Moderators

Note that admins don't necessarily have full moderator permissions. Those permissions need to be explicitly set.

I did not already approve it. I pressed 'do nothing' (see original post). I have full powers as Admin explicitly set. It won't budge from moderation queue. I can find no button to delete it. I have searched everywhere in 'Images' section where I see it is set as 'not for public viewing' .

I'm a little confused. If you don't want the content showing up in the moderation queue, you would choose the approve or delete option there. Is that not what you're trying to do?

Some screenshots of what you're seeing might help as it should make things clearer.

I'm a little confused. If you don't want the content showing up in the moderation queue, you would choose the approve or delete option there. Is that not what you're trying to do?

Some screenshots of what you're seeing might help as it should make things clearer.

upload_2016-12-27_23-41-46.webp

I did choose the delete option. But it reverts to 'Do Nothing'.

What I seek to delete is the test image. I do not know why it appears in the moderation queue in the first place. When it did appear I chose the 'do nothing' option as it was a test case that members were assessing. When we decided not to accept it I went to delete it for good but it keeps reverting to the 'Do Nothing' option.

I went to the Media section where the test image is located as I thought I could delete it there. But there is no option there in that place to delete it.
I'm sorry but I do not know how to explain it better.

Problem solved! It was in front of me all the time!:rolleyes: I was looking for a delete button in the Media section. I found an edit button that did not allow for deletion.
Did not see the 'bin' button. I guess in 'images' the delete button has to be in image form!

Thank you for trying to help.

Top Bottom