XF 1.5 Cannot Configure Premium Node

majesty95

I'm trying to set up a premium node for only our paying subscribers. However, I can only get it to allow everyone permissions or nobody. For example, I tried to set the node permission to allow registered only to view the node and to view threads by others. All other access I wanted to revoke. However, when I set these permissions, neither my moderators nor my premium members can access the content as I would like them to.

I thought it was because everyone has the "User Group" of "registered" and then the secondary user groups as premium or moderator. However, one of our admins cannot access it either even though his primary is administrator. I'm guessing it is because his secondary is registered. Why doesn't this overide with the primary user group? Also, when users upgrade to premium, it just makes their secondary user group premium so that's not really a workaround as I would have to manually change every new premium member to not have "registered" in any of their user groups.

How can I set this up so unconfirmed and registered can only see the nodes and thread titles and premium members, mods and admin can see all and post, reply, etc?

How can I set this up so unconfirmed and registered can only see the nodes and thread titles and premium members, mods and admin can see all and post, reply, etc?
This will depend on how your permissions are set for the 'Registered' and if you're following the recommended methodology for implementing permissions - http://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/
Use admin.php?permissions/analyze to check how your permissions have been applied and inherited.

I noticed that I had a similar issue.

I went into the user groups.

Everyone registered is a member first, then VIP second.

I want to have a VIP node for only paying members, but not sure I did the perms right.

I went into the node permissions and revoked access from everyone but the VIP's. That's when I noticed that NO members anywhere had any access unless registered. OOPS! gonna have to read this resource page again...

I noticed that I had a similar issue.

I went into the user groups.

Everyone registered is a member first, then VIP second.

I want to have a VIP node for only paying members, but not sure I did the perms right.

I went into the node permissions and revoked access from everyone but the VIP's. That's when I noticed that NO members anywhere had any access unless registered. OOPS! gonna have to read this resource page again...
Double check this bit specifically:

https://xenforo.com/community/resou...-multiple-user-groups.358/update?update=16595

Top Bottom