1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Cannot access text box

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Sharkodile, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Sharkodile

Sharkodile Member

[​IMG]
    I am on a clean install of XenForo (default theme, no addons), however, I cannot post anything as the text box is not present.

I have reproduced this problem on Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and the Safari browser on the iPhone, so it is likely not a browser problem.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have RocketLoader running?

If so, disable it and try again.

Tracy Perry likes this.
  3. Sharkodile

Sharkodile Member

I don't think so, as I am not using CloudFlare. However, I have installed XenForo on OpenLiteSpeed.

4. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

Perhaps not all of /js was uploaded correctly.

5. Sharkodile

Sharkodile Member

Thank you for the suggestion; re-uploading the /js directory yielded no results, however. :(

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you submit a ticket with ACP and FTP log in credentials, I can take a look.

7. Sharkodile

Sharkodile Member

Disabling JavaScript with the NoScript addon for Firefox allowed the text box to be shown. This made me suspect there was something wrong with the JavaScripts, so I installed Firebug and these were my observations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In the second image, it says "Public NoJS...". Does this have something to do with the problem?

8. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

Are you using mod_spdy?

9. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

or mod_pagespeed?

10. Sharkodile

Sharkodile Member

I'm afraid both are already disabled. Thank you both for your inputs, though!

11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Can you provide a URL so we can see the forum in person? The console logs you show look like the JS hasn't been uploaded but it'd be helpful to confirm that directly.

12. Sharkodile

Sharkodile Member

Thank you all so much for the help!

The /js directory was uploaded, but a LiteSpeed Web Server context prevented access to the entire folder. That was the problem!

13. lsmichael

lsmichael Member