Canine Forum Owners?

FredC

This is not a spam post, im just trying to gauge interest.

I already have somewhat of a webmasters/administrators site specifically for Pet related site owners, that ive locked down behind an htaccess file for the time being because it has a test instance of XF on it..

But before i buy another XF license i was wondering if their would be any interest for this type of site.. It would more or less be a place for Pet forum admins to exchange ideas, and an easy way to join a growing webring of pet related forums..

A partner (co Admin) would be pretty cool to.. But if there is no interest i can think of a few other things to drop $140.00 on.. ;) the idea is really still a beta in my head.. Id have to redo most of the site as it sits now because it was originally intended with something different in mind, related to pets.

Pet owners are very social. So if you can make the site social, go for it.

Keep in mind there's already a few dog social networking sites. One that sticks out is www.dogster.com.
I already have a few Canine related forums.. But what id really like to do is to start an administrators forum that caters specifically to webmasters and admins that want to affiliate and share ideas, with different types of resource areas.. Maybe even a place for moderators of these types of sites to learn from one another.. The general idea here is to help each other compete with commercially owned sites, etc...

VonDoom I think this is a great idea! An admin site, for admins of pet forums.

Giving all of us admins who have pet-specific forums a place to shoot ideas back and forth about growing our sites, networking, advertising, affiliating, etc,
imo, would be very useful.

VonDoom I think this is a great idea! An admin site, for admins of pet forums.

Giving all of us admins who have pet-specific forums a place to shoot ideas back and forth about growing our sites, networking, advertising, affiliating, etc,
imo, would be very useful.

It's good idea :)

Im still kind of waiting on feedback from a cpl other sites.. I knew or know it wouldnt be a much of anything other then a small clan, but would hate to see it be stagnant.. So a spark of interest is key here.. ;)

I can barely keep up with my own sites. :(
Maybe a hidden area for admins on one of our sites would work rather than tie up a license.?

I would be very interested. I currently run the largest of the Siberian Husky forums and always good to have new ideas to keep things fresh. I would also assume that many of us experience the same kinds of problems on our forums for example "breeding topics" and "buying selling" etc that cause problems and are specific to these kinds of forum. Would also be more than happy to help out in any way I can if needed.

I would be very interested. I currently run the largest of the Siberian Husky forums and always good to have new ideas to keep things fresh. I would also assume that many of us experience the same kinds of problems on our forums for example "breeding topics" and "buying selling" etc that cause problems and are specific to these kinds of forum. Would also be more than happy to help out in any way I can if needed.
Marc what's the link to your forum? We have a network going if you'd like to exchange banner links? You can see them in the footer of our JRT site.

Taken just over 2 years to get to that size. After big board size by december (at least thats our aim). Dont mind saying the size of the forum is largely down to my wifes dedication to the site. Its pretty much both of our lives nowadays lol

Top Bottom