XF 2.2 Can you use old versions of XenForo?

Jason76

My version fits the licence I could get at the time, but I cannot download new versions. However, when I installed the forum, only a blank page shows up and the /install page wants me to upgrade.

The version installed is XF 2.2.4

I'm still on 2.2.3 I think.

Your version is not that old. The 2.2.x is the latest branch, you should be fine.

Whatever problem you have is not related having the version 2.2.4

Look, it looks like you have uploaded XF files to your server, which is why it wants to follow an upgrade process.

Is the site fresh new?

it sounds like a previous upgrade did not finish.

I would suggest deleting the contents of the install folder and uploading it again from your desired version you downloaded.

this will upgrade you only to that version 'max'. but, you should run the install path and run the upgrade if it asks for it because something between the file system and the db isn't lining up.

It's the files for the version I mentioned.
There are 2 download packages in your customer area.

1. All files. -> When you install a fresh version of XF, you upload those files to your server.

2. Upgrade only files. -> This means you had already XF installed on your server and you are running some version of XF (doesn't matter which). And now you want to upgrade it to the latest available version you have access to. Then again you upload those files to your server.

In both cases you follow the process of what is shown on /install.

So the question is, if you accidentally uploaded the wrong files to your server.

Just download the 2.2.4 upgrade only package again, upload them (rewrite the files) and follow the instructions, if you had already XF installed before.

If you go to:

And log in, does it give you an option to install or upgrade or "rebuild master data"? It's not clear what the current state of the installation is so if you can clarify what the installer asks you to do that would be great.

If it is just giving you an option to "rebuild master data" please go ahead and do that. It will restore default information such as templates which is what would appear to be missing currently. It won't affect any other data if you have any.

If the page is still blank after that, please check on your server to see if the following file exists and let us know:

Code:
src/addons/XF/_data/templates.xml

If you go to:

And log in, does it give you an option to install or upgrade or "rebuild master data"? It's not clear what the current state of the installation is so if you can clarify what the installer asks you to do that would be great.

If it is just giving you an option to "rebuild master data" please go ahead and do that. It will restore default information such as templates which is what would appear to be missing currently. It won't affect any other data if you have any.

If the page is still blank after that, please check on your server to see if the following file exists and let us know:

Code:
src/addons/XF/_data/templates.xml
Yeah the problem was that in the zip I made it didn't get all the files. I will have to re-zip and do again.

Why are you manually creating a zip file of the XF package?

Either download the zip from your customer account, extract and upload the files via FTP, or upload the zip file to the server and extract the files directly using the File Manager app in cPanel?

Why are you manually creating a zip file of the XF package?

Either download the zip from your customer account, extract and upload the files via FTP, or upload the zip file to the server and extract the files directly using the File Manager app in cPanel?
The account doesn't seem to have old versions like it used to. Does it?

I suppose worth noting that you have a number of expired licenses. Make sure you're trying to download the files for the drumlesson.club site specifically.

Top Bottom