Can you make moderators invisible in XF (or not show as Staff)?

CTXMedia

I currently allow my moderators to chose whether they are identified as mods or not and wondered if this is possible with XF?

At the moment it appears that mods are shown in the Staff Online block on the forums homepage - is this the only area where mods are identified as staff, or are there other places, and can this be turned off or removed from the templates easily?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

There's a "Staff Online" box dedicated only to mods or admins... or others you specify as "staff."

However, to keep them 'hidden' from online status is not a stock feature. Suggest it! :)

I currently allow my moderators to chose whether they are identified as mods or not and wondered if this is possible with XF?

At the moment it appears that mods are shown in the Staff Online block on the forums homepage - is this the only area where mods are identified as staff, or are there other places, and can this be turned off or removed from the templates easily?

Thanks,
Shaun :D
i believe 'staff online' is the only place where the secret is divulged.
you cant really turn it off or avoid it easily. you would be better off editing 'sidebar_online_users'

No default option to turn it on or off really. I myself didn't do it so I can't tell you how to but I had one of my programmers edit it so that only Administrators and "Super Moderators" show up on the block. "Category moderators" are now excluded from the block on my forum. We did on a per-group basis, I don't know if it's possible to do it on a per-user basis. What you would have to do if you follow the direction my programmer went and a step more by creating a duplicate moderator group and put the ones you don't want divulged in that group so they'll stay hidden. If you want to do that, ask DarkSign, he did it on my forum and if he has enough time to spare from my grip he can point you in a direction.

If you want to show only the online admins:

Open template sidebar_online_users
replace
Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.is_moderator} OR {$user.is_admin}">
with
Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.is_admin}">

2. You'll need to edit the message template, because all staff postings will have a additional "staff" class.

Code:
<li id="{$messageId}" class="message {xen:if $message.isDeleted, 'deleted'} {xen:if '{$message.is_admin} OR {$message.is_moderator}', 'staff'}" data-author="{$message.username}">

Top Bottom