Can you have paid subscriptions?

3RJ

Hello,

I have a few questions. I am the ultimate novice, so please forgive me if my questions are silly.

1. Can I set up “premium” forums, where one section of the forum requires a paid subscription? (Say for example, maybe the “Official Forums” of the xenForo Community would require a paid premium account to access.)

2. Can you block a member from only certain parts of the forum?

Yes Paypal is the only one supported at this time.

I must have missed something.. how to limit PM space?

I've given my members the ability to set their own user title, that is about all I came up with. Maybe signatures in the future if/when those can have limits.

I'd love to know what others have come up with for paid usergroups. On vb I allowed paid users to have signatures (but there were limits - which aren't available in xen). I won't open up signatures until that is covered here. I used to allow access to specific paid forums, larger avatars, user titles, & larger pm boxes on vb.

Paid forums can still be made, as well as allowing users to set their user titles. That doesn't seem like a very good incentive at this point. What else have people done, if they offer paid usergroups?

I'd love to know what others have come up with for paid usergroups. On vb I allowed paid users to have signatures (but there were limits - which aren't available in xen). I won't open up signatures until that is covered here. I used to allow access to specific paid forums, larger avatars, user titles, & larger pm boxes on vb.

Paid forums can still be made, as well as allowing users to set their user titles. That doesn't seem like a very good incentive at this point. What else have people done, if they offer paid usergroups?

Yes, a full list of possible upgrades would be nice to have.

Yes, a full list of possible upgrades would be nice to have.

All a paid subscription does is set a secondary usergroup and remove it (if you set it to do so), that's it.

As it's per usergroup, you can set whatever you can set in a usergroup. That would be your list of what you can do. Some mods add different functionality to a usergroup as well, if you use such mods (whatever they may be, access to a shoutbox for instance), then you could set peoples access accordingly as well via the usergroup. So, fire up your usergroup editor, look at the options and see if there are things there that you think people might pay for and give it a shot.

I'm familiar with the usergroup editor.. it has nowhere near the # of options vb had in say version 3.6x. Those functions made it easy to offer incentives to users for paid groups. I wanted to see what others had done to promote paid groups on xen. I've not really thought about a shout box, .... anyone else?

Top Bottom