Can you duplicate a skin?

Booth

Is there an easy way to duplicate an already installed skin? So say if I download a skin from the resources section, install it and then want to duplicate it so I can create a variation - is this possible?

you should be creating a child style of the installed resource skin for variations.
Is there an easy way to duplicate an already installed skin? So say if I download a skin from the resources section, install it and then want to duplicate it so I can create a variation - is this possible?

You could create a Child Skin from an existing one, it will allow you to customize the child skin to have difference in appearance, although I am not sure if changes made to the parent skin affect the child skin as well (I would assume that it would though).

Install the style.
Rename it.
Install it again.

Or create a child of the style and then change it to no parent, if you don't want changes of the parent style to be reflected in the child.

it is highly suggested you use child styles.
using child styles you can can have half a dozen different styles for your members, yet only need to make template modifications to the parent to install hacks or make layout changes and whatnot. if you instead make copies and have half a dozen parent styles, you will have to edit each one individually.

i always create a child style off the default and use it as the parent for any other style i may import or create.

it is highly suggested you use child styles.
using child styles you can can have half a dozen different styles for your members, yet only need to make template modifications to the parent to install hacks or make layout changes and whatnot. if you instead make copies and have half a dozen parent styles, you will have to edit each one individually.

i always create a child style off the default and use it as the parent for any other style i may import or create.

You could always edit the Master Template. Only downside is, if one of your template structures uses custom CSS, template edits may not work properly, same thing with CSS edits.
Child styles to make minor changes to an existing templates is the best way to go about it.
Although I've never though of thought of using the default as the parent lol

Top Bottom