Can XenForo make a copy of this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean a Xenforo forum that looks the same? You'd have to engage one of the developers, I think, to see what they could with that look. And you'd need the Vietnamese translation we talked about in another thread. The question is whether you want it identical, or if similar is enough. Identical is going to be a tall order since you are getting into different software. But I imagine a good Xenforo developer can come up with something with a fairly loose look and feel.

Yes, I want a full copy of that forum.

Hear my story: I went to vBulletin forum and ask pre-sale question to consider which one to choose for my purpose. Because the original forum was made by vBulletin so I visit them first. The result is they treat me like ****, all they did is forcing me to buy their product and there is a big distinction between customers and potential-customers. They even banned me at first look then only after I terrorized they Facebook page they lifted their nonsense ban on me. I can't bow down and tolerant anymore to them so I made my way to XenForo here. The vBulletin-er only show me that they are weak, stupid, and are being hungry for money so pathetically. But I still wonder how many percent my forum will be different with XenForo.

1. This forum appears to be using vBulletin 4, but its website style design is terrible in context of the contemporary web design aesthetics.
That style was commonly seen 10 years ago among lots of anime pirate forums in Mainland China.

I am a fan of the NewvBB-CSCN style used during vBulletin 3.0 era, and I recreated the style for XenForo 2.2:
I tried my best to mix the two different aesthetic taste together in concordance.
I wonder your comment with that style.

2. It is not possible to do a 100% match using XenForo without any degration of user experience.
XenForo is comparatively better than vB4.

3. Considering the nature of your forum (an anime pirate community)...
I am afraid that its usage might be incompatible with XenForo EULA.
(Maybe @Brogan is more familiar with explaining EULA.)
1613490519555.webp
If this problem exists, then you might want to consider free forum softwares (like Flarum) in lieu of commercial paid forum softwares.

Last edited:
The admin offline and let the forum dead. You give me no choice, revive the forum or hack the admin account.
As long as you have the forum SQL data and the website folder package, you can always restart the forum.
It is only an issue that you have to use a non-commercial forum software.

PHPBB is no good but can be used to read your vBulletin forum database and convert to PHPBB database.
After that, you can convert this PHPBB database to Flarum.

Forget about XenForo.
Even if you buy a XenForo license, you are still not legally allowed to use it to host a forum pirating intellectual properties.

We have gathered and decided that someone must revive the forum. We came to a conclusion that I am the one to do it althought i'm still very weak about technology ;-;

Last edited:
We have gathered and decided that someone must revive the forum. We came to a conclusion that I am the one to do it althought i'm still very weak about technology ;-;
If the original owner is dead & gone (either literally or figuratively) then you are SOL. You really need access to the DB to continue the site. You COULD scrape the site, but that doesn't do any good as far as user profiles/membership go. That will just get you the posts with no users to associate to.
Without the DB, you are shooting blanks. Might as well start a new site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom