Can we see some other XenForo themes?

Deepmartini

This default theme is nice but hard to read. Where can we see some other color schemes? Can we make our own buttons? Is there an easy change color wheel tool we can use in the admin panel to make changes?

I kinda like the default styles, but more importantly I think those of us that want to customize the style :: raises hand :: will want to do it themselves or have a skin developer do it for them.

I'd really rather Kier and Mike keep focused on the work they are doing rather than spend any time on alternate styles. We've got a fixed and a fluid style, that's plenty for now IMO. :)
you see how well that is going down over the road hey...
in an ideal world xf would be as easy to recolour as a rockettheme, and allow wordpress-like widget shuffling, but at minimum please include a dark style and a mobile style.

Frankly speaking,the default theme is too light in terms of color.It looks not so stable and mature as VB or IPB.I hope the color of the theme would have a big change when the first version release.

does this mean i am going to dread attempting a translation? is there nothing like phrases or replacement variables?
No, Kier's already confirmed that there is phrasing:
Not only is it fully phrased, we have developed a crowd-sourcing translation system built on top of the XenForo framework, so that you all can help us to produce non-English versions in record time.

We will deploy the translator on XenForo.com hopefully in the next few days.
:)

does this mean i am going to dread attempting a translation? is there nothing like phrases or replacement variables?
He was referring to all the internal references in the code. Not necessarily all the "phrases" that an end-user will see. :)

Personally, I prefer "theme" as well, but if Kier isn't going to change it internally, then I would keep it as "style." The thing that would really bug me is seeing "theme" on the outside and internal references to "style." :)

you see how well that is going down over the road hey...
in an ideal world xf would be as easy to recolour as a rockettheme, and allow wordpress-like widget shuffling, but at minimum please include a dark style and a mobile style.
Seriously... Break out Firefox with Firebug up and running and try out changing some CSS values, it's THAT easy. Recoloring it is going to be a pretty trivial task. The only thing I'd be worried about is transparency of the small images (smilies etc) and they have done a fantastic job of making sure there are dang few images to worry about.

And as for Mobile? Take a look at what just hit the streets regarding jQuery and Mobile :cool: awesome, awesome news. Wonder if Mike and Kier knew about it ahead of time?

:)
Like I said... Simple themes (dark/light etc) are going to be pretty dang easy. And the capability for really extensive/complicated themes (like Rockettheme etc) is going to be amazing.

We're going to take advantage of this opportunity to redesign our site to be uber fast and simple/clean. Looking at maybe sandbox or one of the other highly semantic WP themes. I figure given how easy WP themes are to work with, we could rename all the id/classes in the WP theme to match XF and just use the same CSS file(s) for both. It would certainly make maintaining the site and doing upgrades a LOT easier :).

Let's just call the styles, themes, or skins ... whichever you have personal preference for ... 'EyeCandy'. Simple, to the point, and really all a 'theme' is. Besides, it would be unique. :D

And that will confuse the hell out of new visitors to the site, "I really like the new eyecanday around here", get's my vote.

On the person finding it hard to read, folks need to take into account not everyone has perfect 20/20 vision. For example, the IP skin change report tool is next to useless to me as I can't differentiate the colours they are using, yet DF has zero problems with it.

I absolutely adore the base theme, by far the best "default" theme I have ever seen for any product anywhere!!!!

But I cannot wait to get my hands on this baby and see what she can doooooo
Jumpy.gif

Top Bottom