Can we see some other XenForo themes?

Deepmartini

This default theme is nice but hard to read. Where can we see some other color schemes? Can we make our own buttons? Is there an easy change color wheel tool we can use in the admin panel to make changes?

This default theme is nice but hard to read. Where can we see some other color schemes? Can we make our own buttons? Is there an easy change color wheel tool we can use in the admin panel to make changes?
most of your questions can't even be answered until the software is released.

However, I find this layout and design quite easy to read. What is it, specifically, that you're having a problem with?

The default theme is really easy to read. We can definitly make our own buttons. There is currently no color change wheel in the admincp and respectfully i doubt there will ever be as that's just a waste of time IMHO.

The default theme is really easy to read. We can definitly make our own buttons. There is currently no color change wheel in the admincp and respectfully i doubt there will ever be as that's just a waste of time IMHO.

How do you know what is and isn't in the Admin CP? Have any pics been released?

And I was under the impression that the "buttons" we're seeing are just drawn directly via CSS, as is the case with vB 4 and IPB 3.

And I was under the impression that the "buttons" we're seeing are just drawn directly via CSS, as is the case with vB 4 and IPB 3.

Yeah, you can make your custom buttons by changing the CSS. And your right i shouldn't of said that without confirming with the devs first.

I haven't heard of anything being released relating to the admin CP either (Other then a few things, and nothing really relating to styling).

And all buttons are CSS as far as I know.

I kinda like the default styles, but more importantly I think those of us that want to customize the style :: raises hand :: will want to do it themselves or have a skin developer do it for them.

I'd really rather Kier and Mike keep focused on the work they are doing rather than spend any time on alternate styles. We've got a fixed and a fluid style, that's plenty for now IMO. :)

I kinda like the default styles, but more importantly I think those of us that want to customize the style :: raises hand :: will want to do it themselves or have a skin developer do it for them.

I'd really rather Kier and Mike keep focused on the work they are doing rather than spend any time on alternate styles. We've got a fixed and a fluid style, that's plenty for now IMO. :)

One thing I think that should be offered by XF possibly is a contrasting skin to the default; several members have stated that the black on white is difficult for them, and providing another solution as a core feature might be nice to have.

To be honest I don't find the current theme really attractive, it looks like a little bit old stylish and way too simple. I like simplicity and everything, but there is just something that does not fit. Maybe we will see some changes in the future!

To be honest I don't find the current theme really attractive, it looks like a little bit old stylish and way too simple. I like simplicity and everything, but there is just something that does not fit. Maybe we will see some changes in the future!

Do you find it easy enough to read?

What we're seeing right now is, at best, a pre-alpha or very, very early beta release. I have no doubt the default theme will be changed and modified as XenForo gets closer and closer to 1.0.

Can you explain particularly what you feel doesn't fit?

I find it easy to read, and I'm pretty picky. About the only change I'd want to make is to put all the stuff after the post in a collapse box - sigs and that bar with the trophies/likes and such. And maybe a little more white space around the text in posts. But it looks way less cluttery than ... some other boards' postbits.

Anyway, people are posting like mad - that's the acid test, to me.

I find it easy to read, and I'm pretty picky. About the only change I'd want to make is to put all the stuff after the post in a collapse box - sigs and that bar with the trophies/likes and such. And maybe a little more white space around the text in posts. But it looks way less cluttery than ... some other boards' postbits.

Anyway, people are posting like mad - that's the acid test, to me.

The bar with likes and trophies is a signature, its just the trend here at the moment.

Top Bottom