Implemented  Can we get a :lol: smiley?

Ryan

There's no LOL smiley...only a big grin - :D - but he represents being really happy, not laughing

Can we get a laughing smiley please? This one is one of my top 3 used smileys, right on up there with :) and ;)

Thank you :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ok, in that case I think it isn't needed. A basic set on which users can extend is enough for me (my preference).
On our forum people say lol, but they never type :lol:

300px-718smiley.svg.png

Might be a bit much though, no?

I agree. I was just putting it out there for anyone to take. The default smilies we have now shouldn't be added to.
But if you want to add a :lol: smiley, like I do, there ya go. This is the one I use.

I agree. I was just putting it out there for anyone to take. The default smilies we have now shouldn't be added to.
But if you want to add a :lol: smiley, like I do, there ya go. This is the one I use.
You should just post your full collection of smilies. :p

I think one more smiley should be added to make a nice even number. Thus far we have 11 and 12 would be a nice amount to cap that off. The lol smiley would be fitting that ryan posted but an XF design (exclusive). Anybody then requesting after 12 "we should add one more" we could state how 13 is an unlucky number and that we have our superstitious members to think about. ;)

I'm thinking more of a default amount rather than "you can always add more in' 12 just rounds it off nicely.

One of my forums has almost 600 smilies. :D So I do have quite a collection. Some of my favorite laughing smilies:
lachtot.gif
positiv.laugh.gif
lmao.gif
and for the slightly manic/weird laugh:
uglach.gif

And contrary to what someone else said here, I don't see why no animated smilies should be included in the default package.
Especially with a laughing smiley, I don't see how you could make one that is not animated. Because a laughing smiley that is not animated looks to me like it's grinning or something. Especially that LOL smiley that comes with IPB by default. Some people have "updated" it a bit and added an animation. That has made the smiley SO much better and a lot more expressive.

The animated LOL conveys very nicely but as stated by another member and for consistency we and I recommend that we stay clear from the .gif format. PNG for consistency and potential matting problems that can and will occur with gifs

Top Bottom