Can we add public chat system

nabeelpommy

Is there any way to add a central chat system to this forum, so that online users may chat and communicate with each other publicly or privately (one to one )

I want to start my forum website where users or members may post threads.. but I want to add chat system at my forum so that members may chat with each other privately or in public chat room .. public chat room will be accessible for all logged in users and the message posted to public chat room can be viewed to all logged in users and the users who are in public chat room.

Thank you

There's an add-on for it. I think this is the most widely used:

T
The site I have them both on is www.thegrumble.com
Thank you it really helpful , would you please tell me how can we insert image into chat while we are chatting with other user, I mean direct insert image , not image link, image link option is there but I want to insert direct image into chat, so that users can share image with each other,.

Second one can we put our chat windows to bottom right side of the website instead of tab button with navigation

for reference I am attaching an image.

you can also visit this website to check chat option , I want like this

Website link for chatting option

Thank you regards

chat.webp

Thank you

To avoid starting a new thread. Does anyone knows any one to one system that works with XenForo. I don't need a public chat but a Support style chat where the visitors can chat with the Support team.

Thank you
Chris

To avoid starting a new thread. Does anyone knows any one to one system that works with XenForo. I don't need a public chat but a Support style chat where the visitors can chat with the Support team.

Thank you
Chris
With Chat 2 by Siropu you can create private chat rooms and private direct conversations.

I installed chat but nobody ever used it. Ended up being a waste of money. It's best to see if members start requesting it, rather than asking them (as we did).
If you're talking as Forum Admin, you're right. I believe that in your case a shoutbox does much better work. Because is a place for members to let there a short message like "Good morning to all...." etc. Actually this is also good for your forum if you've members like the members that I had, who used to start a thread just to say "Good morning".

But in my case is different. I want to avoid some dozens of emails that I'm getting via Contact Us form.

I installed chat but nobody ever used it. Ended up being a waste of money. It's best to see if members start requesting it, rather than asking them (as we did).
Well, if nothing else, if you have Siropu's chat, you can use it to show announcements and new threads/posts in real time. You could even disable the chat features if you wanted. So it doesn't have to be a complete waste of money.

There's add-ons that redirect the contact form to a forum of your choice in the form of a thread instead.
Thank you for suggestion (and your time), but my site is complicated. I'm using WHMCS for backend billing system and I've setup the contact form to open a support ticket. This is what I meant by saying dozens of emails. Actually is support tickets. And because only 10-15% are spam, can't ignore the value of contact form.

Top Bottom