can someone tell me what am i doing wrong

Senpai

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting ';' or '{' - library/ImagesAsBadges/index.php:5
Generated By: RamzanHD, 8 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(60) "https://actiongamerz.com/admin.php?code-event-listeners/save"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["code-event-listeners/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(13) {
    ["event_id"] => string(13) "template_hook"
    ["hint"] => string(0) ""
    ["callback_class"] => string(20) "ImagesAsBadges_index"
    ["callback_method"] => string(13) "XenforoBadges"
    ["execute_order"] => string(2) "10"
    ["active"] => string(1) "1"
    ["description"] => string(19) "Created By RamzanHD"
    ["addon_id"] => string(20) "xenforo_images_badge"
    ["event_listener_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(35) "/admin.php?code-event-listeners/add"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

i get this error while trying to create a addon

Are you getting that error when you are saving your listener? Can you please post here the contents of the
index.php file located at this path: library/ImagesAsBadges?

Are you getting that error when you are saving your listener? Can you please post here the contents of the
index.php file located at this path: library/ImagesAsBadges?
thnx for fast reply

this is the code i putted in index.php

Code:
<?php
class ImagesAsBadges_index
{
public static function XenforoBadges($hookName, &$contents, array $hookParams, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
}

this are the screen shots

https://i.gyazo.com/1b6768e57c140a33b7a9b7cd54965ab7.png
https://i.gyazo.com/a7a28c9c7b0a46ebad05d8f0757fa88d.png

Is that all thats in the file? You have no actual code running there, all you've done is begin to create a function.

You are missing the opening and closing brackets for the function. It should be like this:

PHP:
<?php

{
   public static function XenforoBadges($hookName, &$contents, array $hookParams, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
   {

}
}

But that function is empty. What is is that you are trying to do sir? More details on the subject will be very useful.

You are missing the opening and closing brackets for the function. It should be like this:

PHP:
<?php

{
   {

}
}

But that function is empty. What is is that you are trying to do sir? More details on the subject will be very useful.
im trying to make a addon that will let people upload images as badges

no no sir this is my first addon and im still learning do you have a code that i could insert and it would let members do the thing im trying to achieve

That is something rather complex to be posted in a few lines of codes. If you can not code it yourself, I think it would be a good idea to post a request for someone to code this for you.

There is no pre-written code to achieve what you want - you will actually have to write it.

im watching this but at part 3 i dont get what his code does do i have to copy it or right my own code

Do you mean my code sir? It does nothing. I merely pointed out the error cause in your code, in response to your OP.

c[1][Ramzan/c]
Do you mean my code sir? It does nothing. I merely pointed out the error cause in your code, in response to your OP.
is that your tutorial wang if it is can you please help me and teach me what does everycode men i really want to aachieve my first addon

c[1][Ramzan/c]

is that your tutorial wang if it is can you please help me and teach me what does everycode men i really want to aachieve my first addon

No sir, it is not my tutorial. I had a look at it, and that tutorial will show you the way of how to put things together for your add on. But you have to write the code yourself for whatever you want your add on to accomplish.

No sir, it is not my tutorial. I had a look at it, and that tutorial will show you the way of how to put things together for your add on. But you have to write the code yourself for whatever you want your add on to accomplish.
where do i learn the code from

where do i learn the code from

There are a lot of documentations floating about online. In addition to php, you must also learn sql and the oop system, as well as getting to know the Zend framework, which is what XenForo is using, code-wise. As you learn things, you can aslo study the many documentations posted here and study the xenforo and the add ons code. It will help a lot. Good luck with it sir.

Top Bottom