• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Can someone help make this image into a background for member card?

ArnyVee

Thanks to Paul (Brogan) for the image.

Now, since I am artistically and photoshopally (that's definitely not a word) challenged, can someone help take this image and make it into a background suitable for the member card?

Pioneer PDP-LX6090H_.webp

that??
imo a more stylised telly would better suit your site.

400_F_14574674_r0m6SNT09UVU51ky5W88y9mGbp7niDIQ.jpg

stock-vector-vector-television-background-tv-abstract-51885901.jpg

95425569.jpg

I ate some food and got bored so here is the results...I have another interesting idea involving some css and if it works I will share it as it ties in to this MC.
member-cardteevee.webp
cap2.webp

I have a PSD of a Retro TV if you like. It might look better than a plasma!
The problem with stock of a retro tv is the aspect ratio ...old tv's were 4:3 or 4 inches for every 3and most new ones are 16:9 or 16 inches for every 9 which is a drastically different ratio. That being said the current state of the css controlling the display of the membercard data has the information in a rather 16:9-ish method if you will. There-for to use a classic set would require a distortion to the image to fit the information laid over it in such a way that any viewer would see it and it would look wrong ( this is my speculation ) as in the old tv's were almost squares and the new ones are rectangles and for most people who have had both in their lifetime it won't look like something that exists(unless someone corrects me and says they have a wide-screen aspect monitor that had a cathode tube :-) )

styles\default\xenforo\overlay\member-card.png
Remember to rename the image to the member-card.png as Brogan had mentioned.

Also...
If you want to be able to swap them back and forth as your testing...
rename the original: member-card.ORIG.png

so that when you upload you don't overwrite it this way if they don't tickle your fancy you can simple delete the current one and rename the .ORIG.png image back to its original name.

I didn't like the shine on the sides so made some quick amendments. The tv is larger than the member-card so I kept to the original size as it just looked squashed and odd looking being re-sized. Anyway, the screenshot (below) and the changes I made are also below that I did in the member_card.css. If you prefer this variation let me know and I'll post the transparent png (i cropped the edges).

Edit: Posted the transparent TV image.

member-card-arnyvee.webp

member_card.css changes (replace the code if you haven't made any existing changes to the template) if you have you can view what has changed in my template.

Code:
/** member card **/

.xenOverlay.memberCard
{
	background: transparent url(@imagePath/xenforo/overlay/member-card.png);
	color: white;
	width: 700px;
	height: 477px;
}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .avatarCropper
	{
		position: absolute;
		top: 60px;
		left: 60px;
		border: 0;
		padding: 0;
		background-color: black;
	}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo
	{
		position: absolute;
		top: 60px;
		right: 80px;
		font-size: 11px;
		width: 330px;
	}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h3
		{
			color: #aba;
			font-size: 18px;
		}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h3 a
			{
				color: #aba;
			}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo .userTitleBlurb
		{
			margin: 5px 0;
		}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h4
			{
				color: #9a9;
				font-size: 10pt;
			}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo .userBlurb
			{
				font-size: 11px;
			}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo .status
		{
			font: italic 10px georgia;
			overflow: auto;
			max-height: 44px;
		}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo .status a
			{
				color: white;
			}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo .userStats
		{
			width: 100%;
		}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo .userStats th
		{
			color: @mutedTextColor;
			vertical-align: top;
		}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo .userStats td
		{
			vertical-align: top;
			text-align: right;
			padding: 0 10px;
		}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo .userStats td:last-child
		{
			padding-right: 0;
		}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userLinks
	{
		border-bottom: 1px solid #565;
		padding: 2px 0;
	}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userLinks a
		{
			margin-right: 10px;
			color: #9a9;
			font-weight: bold;
		}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .lastActivity
	{
		/*font-size: 10px;*/
		border-top: 1px solid #565;
		margin-top: 5px;
		padding-top: 5px;
	}

body .xenOverlay.memberCard a.close
	{
		top: 5px;
		right: 9px;
	}

Attachments

• member-card.webp
    member-card.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 6
How about putting some sort of image in the background as if the TV is on?

Obviously it would need to be muted to avoid overpowering the content but you could have a whole set of them and rotate them throughout the year/tv season.

How about putting some sort of image in the background as if the TV is on?

Obviously it would need to be muted to avoid overpowering the content but you could have a whole set of them and rotate them throughout the year/tv season.

The transparent png is there so if anyone wants to apply imagery by all means. I did a quicky with some background static.

tv_static-background.webp

Attachments

• member-card1.webp
    member-card1.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 7
You could actually design a on/off switch for the close.png if you wanted to keep some consistency with the television screen though bare in mind that the close.png is used in other areas and may appear odd looking.

You could actually design a on/off switch for the close.png if you wanted to keep some consistency with the television screen though bare in mind that the close.png is used in other areas and may appear odd looking.
on off switch was what I was talking about with the css edits...Good Call Shelley

This keeps getting better! Thanks Shelley :)

What were you referring to as the 'on/off' switch? Do you mean in place of the actual "x close" button?

Since there is some extra space towards the bottom of the TV screen, any ideas on what I can add there? Maybe some links or images for 'upgrading your account' or something else?

Top Bottom