1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone check these translations in Spanish and Arabic?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Diana, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Diana

Diana Active Member

I'm designing a flyer and want to include the word "Join!" in Spanish and Arabic. I don't trust that the
    Microsoft translator is accurate. Can someone please verify if these are correct?

Spanish: Únete!
    الانضمام إلى!
  2. lazorde

lazorde Member

Hello Diana,

Join in arabic انضم

الانضمام إلى!= Join to
  3. Diana

Diana Active Member

Thank you Fahad :)

So this is the word if someone asks you to join the community, or join the party, etc.? Or if you say "join us?"

Just trying to make sure the usage is the same as in English.
  4. Diana

Diana Active Member

This is from my translator. When I type the single word "join" I'm actually getting "join to." Does that make sense grammatically in Arabic?

الانضمام إلى

Or is this more accurate?

I'm trying to figure out which one is best to use in the flyer.
  5. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

The Spanish translation is correct, though what is this flyer for? Do you mean join, as in "sign up"?
  6. Diana

Diana Active Member

Good to know. Thank you Jason.

Yes, I mean join as in sign up. The flyer will be circulated in the community to invite people to go online and join the forum (i.e., register as a member).

(Just noticed you're in Santa Monica, not far from me in West L.A. :) )

P.S. Just curious, is qwebirc like mIRC?
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just a minor point, but if the members don't all speak the same language, how are they going to communicate?

Or do you have separate sub forums in different languages?
  8. Diana

Diana Active Member

I'm using the Microsoft translator widget which translates the entire forum in any and all languages. It even translates the shoutbox.

Find it here.