MG 1.1 Can one non-rotating picture be displayed on the forum block?

click here

Starting to kick around some ideas for a site I haven't converted yet... it's a car site and I put up a car of the month picture on the home page, not much else is on the home page. I am thinking about moving away from even having a home page and just using the forum sidebar as my home page. My first thought was to add the picture once a month to the "ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" template.

If it can be done, it might be easier to add the car of the month photo to an XFG album and then have that photo display on the forum sidebar until I change it a month later, it currently displays 2 random thumbnails from the gallery.

So is there an easy way to display one non-rotating picture on the forum block, maybe making the size a bit bigger also?

Disclaimer: Sorry for rambling on... started thinking about things and ended up typing them out. lol

I think this might help:

Adding the XFMG Media Block to a sidebar or portal page

@Martok put this together. Although the driving force behind that guide was to enable you to add a block to something like Widget Framework or similar, it actually can be used anywhere. So, for example, if you added that code directly to the "ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" template then you would be on your way - the default sidebar block would display in that location.

So to do what you need to do, you'd just need to change some of the settings there to your liking.

I think this might help:

Adding the XFMG Media Block to a sidebar or portal page

@Martok put this together. Although the driving force behind that guide was to enable you to add a block to something like Widget Framework or similar, it actually can be used anywhere. So, for example, if you added that code directly to the "ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" template then you would be on your way - the default sidebar block would display in that location.

So to do what you need to do, you'd just need to change some of the settings there to your liking.

Sweet!!! I got it to work and it looks great... Two questions though, first, the $blockPhrase links to forums/media anyway to change that to link to a specific category instead? Second, is there a way to set the XFG permissions by category so I'm the only one adding pictures to this one specific category? This way all the other cat's everyone can upload to and only I can upload car of the month.

Thanks!!

Top Bottom