XF 1.5 Can not change year of birthday in acp older than 1970 (i.e.1969)

snoopy5

Hi,

i can not change anymore the year of a user's birthday below 1970 (i.e. 1969). Everything above 1970 works fine.

What could be the reason for this?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I just changed my dob_year to 1922 and that seems to have worked ok. I'm now 93.

What specifically happens? I suspect an add-on is causing the issue.

snoopy5

a pop up alert appears (in German) and sais: "Please enter an integer positive number"

how can I disable all addons at the same time from acp with one click? Or via ftp?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
If you are using XenForo 1.5, go to Admin CP > List Add-ons

There should be a "Disable all add-ons" button.

Can take a while to process and rebuild everything, but you can re-enable everything with one click, also, it remembers the add-ons that were already disabled so they won't get re-enabled by mistake.

snoopy5

cool, I did not know that this was available in ACP...

I disabled all addons now. After all addons were disabled, I could even not change the date of birth in ACP anymore. I thought this would be a core feature?

So if this is a feature of an adddon, I have to find out first which one :)

I keep you updated....

Thanks

snoopy5

oh man, I am really too tired now.... I totally mixed the fields join user date and birthday date.... I need more sleep....

It is all o.k. Nothing wrong at all. Please delete this thread. It is to embarassing for me....

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Ah, that makes more sense, then.

Actually it's probably expected that the add-on gives that error. We're dealing with a UNIX timestamp for the register_date field, a value of 0 would be Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00. That field would need to be able to accept negative numbers for that to work, which would require that add-on to alter the field definition we have set - I'd recommend leaving it as it is.

That said, if the objective is actually to set a certain date of birth then, yes, that's definitely possible :)