XF 2.0 Can I use iframes in a page node?

Chernabog

I am trying very hard :D to get a media player embedded on our site in the easiest way possible ... I was curious if it was possible to embed an iframe into a node page? I have been playing with it for hours now and while the 'frame' within the page is there...the content is not loading within it. So I am totally confused. I am not sure how much code you can put into a node page and/or if you need to wrap it with any special parameters (<div> etc) prior to the actual code.. I know it seems cryptic, I can give more information on the actual URL - but if any one has any insight..please share! Thank you.

I believe an ifram should be absolutely possible. You should also be able to embed an html5 media player.

That's what I am doing and it is just not cooperating. Well, one does a basic HTML5 one, but the one I want to use does not ... although it's working in an iframe thanks to the kindness of our theme developer, but as he has said and as I see myself it's just not visually appealing.

Better off in a page with a pop-out option. I've been having a hell of a time trying to iframe it. :P

Well xenforo certainly allows frames in page nodes

This page is showing three bandcamp players embedded via iframes.

https://cafesaxophone.com/albums/

Well, one does a basic HTML5 one, but the one I want to use does not ... although it's working in an ifram

Regarding html5 players, I was talking about embedding an html5 player directly (without an iframe).

So you can either embed your own player for your own media files, or else embed a third party player 9as with band camp mentioned above) using an iframe

This code is giving me a hell of a time in an node page .... the box appears... but it doesn't seem to want to load-in... maybe I need to get over my like of the particular player and just go with something more simple. Sadly, being an HTTPS site... I have been unable to find a stream host that is actually secured so I can pull in data such as whose on air, now listening or now playing...so it makes a more lite weight player (especially since we do live broadcasts) have less umpf...especially if it doesn't have a pop-out feature which I have yet to find. Muse.org has a lot of nice players though...

Code:
<iframe src="https://radioboxplayer.net/player.php?station=S96057"></iframe>

Last edited:
Works for me on a page node with the size defined (NB: best to use the code tags when posting code here)

HTML:
<iframe style="border: 0; width: 600px; height: 240px;" src="https://radioboxplayer.net/player.php?station=S96057#"></iframe>

Yes, you should always have those in iframes

Thank you..I am learning...a lot of google searches and a community of helpful, engaged and patient people has been a huge help, as well.

Now I am onto learning how to divide the page.... It is nice to have a software that is not only backed by talented and progressive developers, but a community that cares as well.

Top Bottom