Can I undelete a user group?

Not from within Xenforo but you might be able to do some fancy stuff in phpMyAdmin to bring it back.

You could also roll back your forum to a previous backup. Or maybe just the usergroup table or something.

I've asked our developer to restore a backup copy somewhere - it's not a big group. I was working with Batch Update Users and got rid of a group before I'd moved its members to a different group.

-S-

Very clever! I see it shows a bunch of Secondary User Group, Old Value = 35, new value is blank. Is it safe to assume, since the group is listed as a number and not a name, that this is what I'm looking for?

And is there any way to organize a list of just those people by extracting/reporting from the user change log?

-S-

Is it safe to assume, since the group is listed as a number and not a name, that this is what I'm looking for?
Correct.
The user group no longer exists so just the old ID is shown.

And is there any way to organize a list of just those people by extracting/reporting from the user change log?
Not via the UI but you could export the table to csv using phpMyAdmin and use Excel or Sheets.

Also if they were in the group via a promotion you could edit the group promotion to the new group and they would all appear in the new group. Just an FYI.

This group existed for our developer to populate via an external program, so it wasn't via a user promotion - the idea is that we had pairs of groups, and after an event, the developer would add them to one group associated with the event, and then I'd send them a welcome letter via the ACP, and move them into the permanent group for the event (if that makes any sense).

I'm on this one. Manually, and hoping it's not a ton of people....

-S-

Top Bottom