XF 2.0 Can I send a new user whose just registered their username and password? What is the placeholder I use?

Tyrone Shum

Hi,

I am using Xenforo 2.0's welcome email option to send the user their username: "Send welcome email on registration".

Though, I can't seem to find the placeholder text to send their password.

Could someone assist me with this?

Thanks,

After reading your thread, I have two responses which I would like to share with you.

1.)
Why would you want to Email a new registered user their registered Email address and Password? Doing so would be a huge security risk not only for the registered user, but for your forum as well. XenForo would have to implement a system which allows hashed passwords to be reversed which would then defeat the object of the passwords never being recorded as said above by @Kier.

2.)
What would be the point in doing so when users have to confirm their password when registering? Upon registering, users have to fill in two input boxes which checks if the user has typed the correct password.

Thanks for everyone's reply.

What I'm trying to achieve is to send a confirmation email of their username and password, which doesn't appear to be possible.

So does any new user ever receive an email to save or keep a record of their logins?

If not, what is the reason behind this?

Thanks for everyone's reply.

What I'm trying to achieve is to send a confirmation email of their username and password, which doesn't appear to be possible.

So does any new user ever receive an email to save or keep a record of their logins?

If not, what is the reason behind this?

No website sends an email containing the username and password - and if one does, I'd change my password and run away.

You're supposed to remember your login credentials, and this is the common expectation across the internet.

Liam

Top Bottom