Can I place a welcome message above the forum lists?

hugh71158

Hi,

I would like to be able to place a message just below the navigation tabs - something along the lines of the attached file.

Is this a add-on task, or a little coding?

Thanks!!!

Hugh

Attachments

• welcome.webp
    welcome.webp
    53.7 KB · Views: 13
Using Notices means you can style it to make it look cool

You can also do several different ones - one for first visits, one for new members, one for men/women, staff ... whatever.

See, I didn't know that existed either. But then I bought Xenforo about a year ago (was the "like" available then?) played for a while, realized most of it was above my head, and ran for the hills.

Back for more punishment. :-)

See, I didn't know that existed either. But then I bought Xenforo about a year ago (was the "like" available then?) played for a while, realized most of it was above my head, and ran for the hills.

Back for more punishment. :)

Aw bless you. sorry I was a bit terse. I'm hungry I think ;(

Likes are a lovely quick way to say Thanks or I agree or Oh yeah or Useful. You can see them coming up on your Alerts top right and admin can search on most Liked stuff. They also affect your status as a member in the default system.

Personally I'd like an addon to split Likes into a short selection
Like / Power Like! / Agree / Thanks/ WOW!
maybe Not my cup of tea (Dislike is considered too discouraging)
there is an addon that lets you create as many litlle icons as you want but it adds under the Likes

Keep posting queries and we'll help. Questions are interesting and give us a chance to be knowitalls and feel powerful!!!!

lol, no problem Morgain.

Wait, I'm from Scotland, but in the US now - aren't you in the UK? After 3pm there by my calculations.

Well, since you invited me to ask more, I have another. :-) The Notice land under the Forum title - can it be re-arranged? It just seems to me that the Notice should be on top. Screen grab attached.

Hugh

Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 10.15.05 PM.webp

Top Bottom