Can i install XENFORO in my local host

aiman.h.kallaf

Greeting

I'm planing to buy xenforo sometime in the near future and have some questions in mind

Question One ;

I'm not planing to install xenforo on my webserver directly ,
I want to install it on my local host , make all the changes i need , add all the nodes and threads i want , then set the userss groups and forum permissions , maybe change the style and add some other languages

after that when everything is done i want to upload it to my web server and import the database

the question is can i do this , and how will i change the database information like ( host , username, password )

second question , after installing , should i delete the installing folder , or can i use it as a way to fix my problem ( reinstalling on the server ) or that will delete the data i made on my local host

the second question , how to make the replay box shown to the visitors in the forum or nods that visitors can post in

i have one or two nods where visitors and unregistered people can only post comment on , how to make the replay box appear to them

sorry for my bad English I'm writing and studying for my exams at the same time :s

I'm not planing to install xenforo on my webserver directly ,
I want to install it on my local host , make all the changes i need , add all the nodes and threads i want , then set the userss groups and forum permissions , maybe change the style and add some other languages

after that when everything is done i want to upload it to my web server and import the database

the question is can i do this , and how will i change the database information like ( host , username, password )
you shouldnt need to change anything at all, but if you do the changes are made to library/config.php

after installing , should i delete the installing folder , or can i use it as a way to fix my problem ( reinstalling on the server ) or that will delete the data i made on my local host
if you upload the directory you extracted from the install zip a second time it will be bad. delete it after installation and download the update zip to make repairs.

how to make the replay box shown to the visitors in the forum or nods that visitors can post in
i have one or two nods where visitors and unregistered people can only post comment on , how to make the replay box appear to them
i do not know. i have not tried this. go try to play with permissions in the admin demo.

Top Bottom