Can Bookmarks be added on HERE?

craigiri

Those of us who like to help other members with questions would use the feature to mark a lot of important threads!

How do the mods and others handle this stuff? (that is, remembering where certain "answer" threads are).

I just remember the keyword that I need to search for o_O.

If its something I need myself, I use Pocket (Formely ReadItLater).

I just remember the keyword that I need to search for.
It is not the same as having a direct link to the post with alerts whenever the post status changes. A manageable list of important/interesting posts with easy preview makes life much easier.
I use the bookmarks thingy on my own site - just think it would be wise to have it here so people could help others more easily.
Don't be shy, you may link to the bookmarks thingy ;)

It is not the same as having a direct link to the post with alerts whenever the post status changes. A manageable list of important/interesting posts with easy preview makes life much easier.

Don't be shy, you may link to the bookmarks thingy ;)
I was posting alternatives because they haven't yet installed any non-official add-ons here.

I was posting alternatives because they haven't yet installed any non-official add-ons here.
Understood (y)
I was merely suggesting that something similar to Bookmarks would be much more convenient than continuously searching for the same thing.

I don't think they will ever install any third-party add-ons, no matter how good those add-ons are. It's only natural to advertise XenForo how it is by default. People would get the wrong idea if they see fancy functions here, buy XenForo and then wonder why these functions are missing.

He said he uses your add-on on his site and said it would be wise to have it here as well. How was he not talking about your add-on?
oh, I was talking about that add-on since it is the one I know that exists!

But my point is that it is harder than it needs to be here for community members to help each other! I dislike having to find threads over and over again.

I don't get into the politics of whether they want an "add-on free" site - obviously they use some stuff which is not available to the customers and public! I also recall hearing that they did use an add-on recently (I forget which one!)

In any case, the easier they make it for each of us to help each other, the less work they have to do - so in my view it's a no-brainer!

Just for the record. These forums show what XenForo can do stock standard. It has been stated they will stay this way and the only changes that have been made are little things like the footer (which still shows what can be done stock standard) and some moderator changes to show who has a license.

Just for the record. These forums show what XenForo can do stock standard. It has been stated they will stay this way and the only changes that have been made are little things like the footer (which still shows what can be done stock standard) and some moderator changes to show who has a license.

And the RM, which has been here awhile and nowhere else.....
And I assume much of the paying and trouble ticket stuff....

I understand the concept. Showing a stock forum is more important to them than the benefits members or they would get with an add-on. It's their decision. But, heck. some of these add-ons have functions which would help sell the main product. I assume they've considered it all.

Top Bottom