Can anyone answer some WHM questions?

jonsidneyb

This is kind of xenforo related.

I have a server using WHM/Cpanel. The vB4 forum that will become a xenforo forum is in one account. The new forum is being built is in another account.

Someone was able to log on to the account that had xenforo in it just fine. I reset the password on the account that has vB4 in it so they could access the db that will be used in the xenforo account. After I did the password reset the other person was no longer able to get into the log on screen, they can't even get to the forum outside if whm or cpanel.

Any ideas on what could have happened?

If I am understanding you correctly you are saying that after you changed the password the forum was no longer accessible? Did you update your config.php to reflect the changes to the password?

If I am understanding you correctly you are saying that after you changed the password the forum was no longer accessible? Did you update your config.php to reflect the changes to the password?

I can get to the forums on both accounts just fine, I can get onto WHM but only one of the Cpanel accounts. For the person I had try to login the cpanel they can not even see the forum anymore. I can see the forum just fine.

I'm probably being dense...
You can only log into WHM using your main account.

http://www.mydomain.org:2082/ cpanel
http://www.mydomain.org:2086/ WHM

I can get to everything using WHM. When I was testing the cpanel login so someone could get to that part it didn't work.

I did find out something from the host, there are a bunch of new security addon's and they explained some changes. The server was blocking accounts due to login failures.

I can get to everything using WHM. When I was testing the cpanel login so someone could get to that part it didn't work.

I did find out something from the host, there are a bunch of new security addon's and they explained some changes. The server was blocking accounts due to login failures.
What he is saying is WHM is accessible on a different port than cpanel, If you have WHM access to an account controlling a bunch including your site in question you could surely login as root or whatever you use. But...if a cpanel user is not explicitly given permission to some sort of whm access and options list they will not be able to login using the whm interface and tools and only be able to use their given cpanel configuration on cpanels designated port..

I was just about to tell you to check to see if they were fire-walled...

Top Bottom