1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Can admins do this?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MirandaSings, Aug 12, 2015.

1. MirandaSings

MirandaSings Active Member

I've always wondered if admins can see private conversations/messages as I've had some awkward experiences on a different forum where they were somehow able to see my messages, I guess they reported it?

Is this possible?

Thanks <3
  2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

If the admin has data base access, they can view PMs via the database. There are also 3rd party add-ons that allow usergroups with the permission to do so, to log in as any member.
  3. MirandaSings

Can you link the 3rd party addons? I would so want that lol
  4. James

James Well-Known Member

It'll be in the resource manager if you run a search.
  5. MirandaSings

Login as User

I found this :O, Upon logging in as another user, I wouldn't need their password? Is it just like "hacking?"

Lol thanks ;3
  6. James

James Well-Known Member

If you're the admin of a board and want to log in as a user then that's your prerogative. There are some ethical issues which have been debated to the nth degree but that's neither here nor there.

If you want to log in as a user for permission checking it might be worth noting that XF already has this feature without exposing the user's whole account.
    The Forum Heroes likes this.