Browser issue Can’t paste into editor on iOS 13 Chrome

Jake B.

Affected version
2.1.3(?)
As title says, I’m not able to paste any text into the editor here on chrome for iOS 13. It works fine in safari though

Still an issue for me here. I did update to the latest iOS available to me with no change. This may be related as well, it is very difficult to get the search form field to focus so I can type in it.

Ok. Just double checking.

It seems the the issue is resolved in iOS 13.1 Beta then.

I’m hoping that means it’s resolved in 13.0.1 too (assuming the last beta of 13.0 is essentially GM) otherwise the wait may be fairly significant.

Not sure there’s much we can do though when an iOS update inexplicably breaks something that previously worked fine. It really only points to a change they made causing an issue but at least this one should fix itself eventually.

I cannot copy and paste ANY url’s From my phone, including common YouTube or GIPHY links. It is only happening with my forum.
I am on the latest version of the beta currently..

iOS 13.1 (which fixes this issue) is expected to be released to the public on September 24, 2019.

It was moved up (originally expected Sept. 30) due to a couple security issues and bugs. Also many users are having issues upgrading to newly delivered iPhone 11/11Pro/11Max since currently iOS 13.1 beta backups can't be installed on newly delivered iPhones with iOS 13.0. New phones need to also be on the ios 13.1 beta if trying to install a backup made by iOS 13.1 beta.

Indeed.

I set up my new phone as a new phone, then I upgraded it to iOS 13.1 Beta, then I restored it, then I transferred everything over from my old phone.

Was an additional step or two but not insurmountable and gave me a chance to do a current back up on the old phone.

It was well considered but unfortunately I find most Android phones deeply unimpressive.

Closest perhaps was the Huwawei stuff but the ban of them using Google services deeply concerned me. Next candidate was the OnePlus 7 but, meh.

All in all I can live without push notifications for now but I’ll be mounting an offensive against WebKit at some point to try and put some pressure on them so they no longer have to be the only browser without it.

Yeah, I don't blame you, makes sense considering the recent Huwawei and Android political issues the last few months. The whole situation is a real knock to industry progress.

I’ll be mounting an offensive against WebKit at some point to try and put some pressure on them so they no longer have to be the only browser without it.

Nice, give 'em hell!

Top Bottom