Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 1.0.12

No permission to buy ($60.00)

Naz

XenForo developer
Staff member
NixFifty submitted a new resource:

Calendar - Event management system for XenForo.

Calendar, as the name suggests, is a full-fledged calendar and events management system. A demo is available on my website: https://nixfifty.com/events/

Features:
  • Allow users to create new events in configurable 'calendars'. Custom permissions allow you greater control over who can see a event.
    • Calendars can be customised so different calendars can have different coloured events, for example.
    • Optional agenda-based layouts.
    • Style properties...

Read more about this resource...

A demo is available on my website: https://nixfifty.com/events/

Yes, and it'll be a free upgrade as long as your license is active.

I believe @Mouth wrote some custom SQL queries to achieve this that he may be willing to share, at least until an importer becomes available.

Demo looks great. Looking forward to the XF2 version. Like the list view a lot. Styling queue/advice, add better visibility of the event date(s) on the list view.

As a feature suggestion, permission based featured events and add support for XF 2 widgets (horizontal full width and normal block size). Also taking a queue from Xenattendo 2, filters based on location/radius are handy.

I also see multiple calendars which is a powerful feature. Are these permission based? Can I give ability to own calendars to members?

Anyway, will shut up and pipe up on the XF2 resource when that becomes available :) BTW, any eta ?

Demo looks great. Looking forward to the XF2 version. Like the list view a lot. Styling queue/advice, add better visibility of the event date(s) on the list view.
Thanks! I'll have a play around. :)
As a feature suggestion, permission based featured events and add support for XF 2 widgets (horizontal full width and normal block size).
Featured events are already a part of both versions and the XF2 version has full support for the built in widget system.
Anyway, will shut up and pipe up on the XF2 resource when that becomes available :) BTW, any eta ?
Very soon, they're at feature parity but it just needs some design work.

Thanks! I'll have a play around. :)

Featured events are already a part of both versions and the XF2 version has full support for the built in widget system.

Very soon, they're at feature parity but it just needs some design work.

Thanks for the quick answers... I edited my post above with a couple of other questions/suggestions as you were replying obviously :).

Glad to see another calendar add on :)

Some first impressions:

1. There's no indication as to which image is the event image. If you upload multiple images, it just pulls the first one. I think it would be good to separate out the event image or have the ability to pick it from the list if there's more than one image.
  2. I'm not keen on having the event image in the sidebar. I think wider cover photo images have a much better impact. Some people create really fancy graphics for their event images, and if it's relegated to a small square on the sidebar then it means there's not much space to make a nice big photo. Also, because it's in the sidebar it means the image appears quite far down the page on mobile instead of being at the top when it loads.
  3. Autocompletion of the location from the Google API would be useful.
  4. I really like the RSVP section with all the button visible, and the ability to change your status easily. I never understood why they were hidden away in a drop down on xenatendo.
  5. I can't see where to invite people?
  6. The gallery is interesting, but it seems sort of disjointed and hidden as it's not obvious to the user that uploading multiple images will create a gallery.
  7. I see lots of other events in this widget, but they're not there when I click on them:
1530546072199.webp

Looks promising :)

Also in case my above note was missed, how are multiple calendars handled? Can we (permission based) allow members to maintain their own calendars? If so it's pretty powerful.

Also one feature that xenattendo 2 did which is handy is the filter by location/radius/distance to event. Would be good to see it here.

There's no indication as to which image is the event image. If you upload multiple images, it just pulls the first one. I think it would be good to separate out the event image or have the ability to pick it from the list if there's more than one image.
You can already do that. There's an option under the Event Tools menu to set a cover image based on whatever images you've already uploaded.
I'm not keen on having the event image in the sidebar. I think wider cover photo images have a much better impact. Some people create really fancy graphics for their event images, and if it's relegated to a small square on the sidebar then it means there's not much space to make a nice big photo. Also, because it's in the sidebar it means the image appears quite far down the page on mobile instead of being at the top when it loads.
It's configurable, I've just chosen to whack it in the sidebar. You can put it in the header or not show it at all.
Autocompletion of the location from the Google API would be useful.
Agreed! I'll see what I can do on this front.
I really like the RSVP section with all the button visible, and the ability to change your status easily. I never understood why they were hidden away in a drop down on xenatendo.
Thank the excellent feedback from testers about this. :D It also tells you why you can't RSVP if that applies.
I can't see where to invite people?
That seems to have gone AWOL. Will track it down.
The gallery is interesting, but it seems sort of disjointed and hidden as it's not obvious to the user that uploading multiple images will create a gallery.
I'll look in to making it a bit more obvious.
I see lots of other events in this widget, but they're not there when I click on them:
That's a bug I'm tracking down (though, I think I've realised what's causing it).
Also in case my above note was missed, how are multiple calendars handled? Can we (permission based) allow members to maintain their own calendars? If so it's pretty powerful.
Admins set them up in the ACP and can assign permissions on a per-usergroup and per-user basis. It could work for personal calendars but it probably wouldn't scale well. Personal calendars is something that I've been thinking of doing but I didn't really think they'd get much use since most people have a tool of choice for one of those, unless I'm missing a potential use case here? Or if you're referring to users just being able to maintain /moderate events in a calendar, that's doable with permissions.
Also one feature that xenattendo 2 did which is handy is the filter by location/radius/distance to event. Would be good to see it here.
Agreed. I shall look in to it. :)

The vb importer is broken and the FS importer is missing. I am waiting for a bug fix release so that I can start testing the imports.

NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.5

This release mostly encompasses some smaller quality-of-life changes, prep for the upcoming XF2 version and some bug fixes.
  • Slightly tweak exported .ics file names to avoid duplication.
  • Include RSVP status in the exported .ics file.
  • Add table prefix support to vBulletin importers.
  • Ensure [FS] Events importer actually appears.
  • Workaround a strange FullCalendar design decision that was causing some multi-day events to render incorrectly.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Your addon looks promising @NixFifty . Does it also support widget framework, lets say to show the next 5 upcoming events from calender 1 in the sidebar?

Is there an option to switch the time/date setting?
Example: Aug 4, 2018 at 5:00 PM → 8:00 PM
Can you display this event like 4. August 2018 at 17:00h - 20:00h ? (Day Month Year)

Last edited:
Sorry for so many suggestions and wishes, but if you have a lot of offline events with locations it would be great if you could filter by location / zip code oder city, for example.

Your addon looks promising @NixFifty . Does it also support widget framework, lets say to show the next 5 upcoming events from calender 1 in the sidebar?
Yeah, you can do that.
Is there an option to switch the time/date setting?
Example: Aug 4, 2018 at 5:00 PM → 8:00 PM
Can you display this event like 4. August 2018 at 17:00h - 20:00h ? (Day Month Year)
The time/date is based off whatever is set in your language settings.
Sorry for so many suggestions and wishes, but if you have a lot of offline events with locations it would be great if you could filter by location / zip code oder city, for example.
I am currently working on this functionality.

Top Bottom