Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 1.0.12

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Could you perhaps provide this as an option?
It's not clear to me what you're meaning? You seem against a seperate Calendar only comment system seperate from Forum threads, yet appears that is what you're asking for?

Nixfifty Calendar is based upon the XFRM approach. Entries have tabs. One of which is a discussion thread. This approach does indeed cause major problems because important content is hidden behind the tab and the average mobile user is blind and stupid.
@Triops is suggesting a radically different approach of having everything on one page, akin to what xenattendo is using. See the video here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Skip to 3 minutes.

Nixfifty Calendar is based upon the XFRM approach. Entries have tabs. One of which is a discussion thread. This approach does indeed cause major problems because important content is hidden behind the tab and the average mobile user is blind and stupid.
@Triops is suggesting a radically different approach of having everything on one page, akin to what xenattendo is using. See the video here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Skip to 3 minutes.

I've not seen NixFifty's calendar personally but agree that tabs are terrible in xf. No one clicks on tabs (you may as well put expletives in sub navigation tabs because no one will read them) in forums period. Having them there is fine but the experience has to be driven from forums. Same goes for mobile where no one will click the side menu.

I actually think the issue is not that everything needs to be forum. That is the band-aid to the current situation. The issue is how XenForo deals with new content and discussions.

I know this suggestion is too technical to attract votes, but it is what would actually solve this problem:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/extend-the-discussion-function-to-a-comment-handler.89395/
It would remove the difference between forum threads and other commenting content types. In other words: a calendar entry comment would be no different than a thread reply. It would be possible to make it all appear in 'new posts'.

if you want that implemented in XenForo then 'like' the first post in the suggestion thread. IMHO its one of the most important suggestions for XF.

Last edited:
Yes, I mean the approach of XenAtendo Pro. I'm using it right now and that's the best thing about XenAtendo: that you can start a thread for events. The event view is then no longer individually accessible, but linked to the respective thread with Google Maps + description, etc. So events are also found in the "Recent Threads" in the forum and get much more attention.

This approach is perhaps not suitable for every forum. That's why I thought an option would make sense. Option on: Event creates = is a thread in a forum. Option off: the discussion is like in the resource manager at the event as a tab. Another option should allow you to prohibit thread creation or discussion at a single event.

The calendar of NixFifty could become the long desired powerful calendar addon for Xenforo (2). AndyB's calendar is slim, XenAtendo does more and is chic, but development seems to be finished for XenAtendo Pro, already in the version for Xenforo1. Jaxel doesn't seem to be interested in updates and more functions even against some payment.

NixFifty could now offer it all together and more and make all users and admins happy with his calendar addon, it could be "the one" calendar addon which one needs. There is still a lot to do, but the chance exists.

Last edited:
All right, thank you. I didn't realize that there is a real thread behind the tab "Discussion". The thread is also listed in the respective forum, great.
Are these threads always updated in the "Recent Threads" when creating the event and when replying in the thread?

Then only the option would be missing for this function, whether you prefer an discussion tab (as it is now) or if you want the events "Overview" with header picture, description and Google Map above and the discussion thread below (as XenAtendo Pro does). I would definitely prefer the latter because I know my blind and inexperienced users. For me this would even be a KO criterion for the possible change of XenAtendo.
In my opinion, this should be a global option for the admin (i.e. the setting applies to all events).

And the setting whether an event should start a discussion thread or not should be selectable per event (as with XenAtendo Pro) by the user. Of about 3000-5000 events, only about 10-20% should get a thread, so that not 3000-5000 "empty" threads are created.

Are these threads always updated in the "Recent Threads" when creating the event and when replying in the thread?
Yes
And the setting whether an event should start a discussion thread or not should be selectable per event (as with XenAtendo Pro) by the user.
It's currently set by the admin, based on the calendar the user chooses, whether a discussion thread is automatically created.
For my purposes, I wouldn't want users being able to choose if one is created or not, as I believe the forum content help drives engagement and 'empty' thread are of no concern.

Is the widget sort order solved in the current update?
It's currently the most distant/furthest upcoming event at the top. I don't believe this is the correct sort order, so no it hasn't been solved yet. I feel it should be the most recent/closest upcoming event at the top, then next event afterwards, etc.

It's currently the most distant/furthest upcoming event at the top. I don't believe this is the correct sort order, so no it hasn't been solved yet. I feel it should be the most recent/closest upcoming event at the top, then next event afterwards, etc.
Rhodes was having an issue with the WF widget which was resolved, IIRC. There's still some adjustments needed to be made for one of the "More in X" widgets that you reported. :)

NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.8

Sorry for the delay on getting this version out. I have been away on business for a couple weeks. I'm back and I've got a nice little quality-of-life Calendar update with me. A couple pesky issues fixed and some other minor improvements.

As usual, you'll need to do some housekeeping straight after upgrading. I strongly recommend using Chris D's add-on install and upgrade to install this update to avoid potential issues with strict opcaches.
  • Head to ACP → Applications → Event...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 1.0.10

• Include cover image information and other minor tweaks for schema.org metadata.
  • Add the ability to exclude users with no posts from birthday sidebar widgets.
  • Display cover images for events in sidebar blocks, where available.
  • Fix an issue where attendee limits would not be set correctly.
  • Apply thousands separator in a few places where it wasn't present.
  • Sort the featured events page by chronological order.
  • Fix typo in installer and make sure event image required...

Version 1.0.11

• Minor SEO related improvements.
  • Ensure currently ongoing events are displayed when using the list layout.
  • Fix URL generation when trying to filter by featured events in a calendar.
  • Fix typo in "Your Events" URL.
  • Add some filters to pull past events within a given timeframe. This will be expanded over time.
  • Ensure view is registered when viewing profile events.
  • Minor under-the-hood improvements to RSVP lists.

Top Bottom