Cakeday

Cakeday 3.6.14

No permission to download
I understand it doesn't let you uninstall this add-on?
Try running the following query:
SQL:
UPDATE xf_option
SET option_value = '{"iconType":"fontAwesome","customText":false,"fontAwesome":"birthday-cake"}',
    default_value = '{"iconType":"fontAwesome","customText":false,"fontAwesome":"birthday-cake"}'
WHERE option_id = 'cakedayIcon';
-- this command replaces the unicode emoji, with a font-awesome icon

and retry.

Let me know if any other errors pop-up that prevent the uninstallation process.

I understand it doesn't let you uninstall this add-on?
Try running the following query:
SQL:
UPDATE xf_option
SET option_value = '{"iconType":"fontAwesome","customText":false,"fontAwesome":"birthday-cake"}',
    default_value = '{"iconType":"fontAwesome","customText":false,"fontAwesome":"birthday-cake"}'
WHERE option_id = 'cakedayIcon';
-- this command replaces the unicode emoji, with a font-awesome icon

and retry.

Let me know if any other errors pop-up that prevent the uninstallation process.
I'm sorry I don't really understand how to do this

I just wanted to report a bad error on my forum as a result of this addon.

I installed this many months ago, and I think I commented on this thread somewhere at the time. I could never get it working, and I know why, as I hadn't installed something serverside that was required.

The problem was, it never uninstalled properly, even though I no longer had it showing on the addon screen.

So, that was a long time ago I was dealing with it, but I had this message at the top of the addon screen in Xenforo that has remained there ever since, because of some bach process that was trying to run from the failed install attempt.

Now, to the forum outage we just had because of this addon: (running xenforo v2.0.11)

Like I mentioned, I hadn't touched this addon/install for many months (more than six?). I haven't done any upgrades or installed addons or even accessed the admin section for a long while, but overnight here, the forum went down.

The message coming up was that the site/forum was being upgraded, and no one could access the forum. This also caused an outage for the front page of my site, as I use Xenword to bridge wordpress and xenforo. It was a major issue.

The logs showed errors coming up because of cake day.

My troubleshooting lead me to repair the xf_session table on the database. That didn't completely fix the issue but restored the forum root, so I could see the logo/header, side menu and footer, but no boards. So no data was being shown, plus there was error messages all over the front page / wordpress side of the site (output from xenword).

How I fixed it was this: I downloaded the current version of Cake day, installed it —tried to, as the install failed again—and that fixed it. So now the addon sits at the top of the addon list, uninstalled.

I know, if I had followed the requirements and install instructions and so on properly, when I first attempted to get Cake Day going, I may have not run into this problem now, but I just wanted to share this as feedback and for anyone that may ever run into this issue.

Because of errors after initially installing Cakeday, I never got it working, however, it did break my forum on a number of occasions since I first attempted to install it. I resolved those errors but I'm unable to delete the files from the server, as if I do, I get an error displayed on every single thread which stops the threads from being opened.

So currently I have the addon disabled, and uninstalled, but it sits at the top of the addon screen as the files are on the server. If i delete the files, that error comes up on all threads.

Does anyone know of a solution to this? While this is not a big deal, I do like to keep files off the file system that I don't need.

and when i try removing it, i get an error too with the same message as above, and when i completely remove the file from /src/addons/ and when i click a post on the forums i can't see the post it says
Exception: Could not find class Datio\Cakeday\XF\Entity\Post when attempting to extend XF\Entity\Post in src/XF/Extension.php at line 174

This is the same problem I have.

I've fix the last error, now i can beginn the installation, it stops and i see this error:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1366]: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x8E\x82 \xF0...' for column 'phrase_text' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 221
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1510
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1242
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/Phrase.php at line 98
  8. XF\AddOn\DataType\Phrase->importAddOnData() in src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php at line 110
  9. XF\Job\AddOnData->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 258
  10. XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 200
  11. XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 116
  12. XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 120
  13. XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 261
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  16. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  17. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2300
  18. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 488
  19. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom