CafePress

Trombones13

Anyone using CafePress for their site/forum/service? I know it got brought up way back when people were discussing XenForo-branded t-shirts/mugs, but hadn't seen anything after that. I was thinking about doing the free, basic shop once my site's more popular (so it would actually be of use :P) to sell t-shirts and buttons and other fancy things. Anyone have experience with them, their quality, etc.?

I have, they are great and have never had a problem with them.
Thanks--have you happened to try Zazzle, Printfection, and/or Spreadshirt as well? I've been looking around and am hearing bad things about CP's printing quality in comparison to the other names I mentioned.

I use Cafepress to print yearly calendars.
As long as you are not using anything remotely trademarked, stay away from Zazzle.
A chapter of a car club wanted to use their chapter logo on merchandise and despite multiple letters and emails from the organization governing the use, they refused.

Those sites look pretty cool. If I had any sort of brand established, or some users interested in buying something, I would totally setup something like that.

Yep http://xenfans.com/threads/limited-xenfans-mugs-pre-order-with-discount.478/

xf_mug_1.png

Anyone using CafePress for their site/forum/service? I know it got brought up way back when people were discussing XenForo-branded t-shirts/mugs, but hadn't seen anything after that. I was thinking about doing the free, basic shop once my site's more popular (so it would actually be of use :p) to sell t-shirts and buttons and other fancy things. Anyone have experience with them, their quality, etc.?

Na, I've always found those type of buy (mug/t-shirt) things a complete and utter waste of time. Reminds me of Blackpool in summer. There you can buy mugs and T-Shirts saying you visited Blackpool. :)

We've sold some items in the past using CafePress. Small profit margin, but even if you are coming out just a little bit ahead of costs, it helps on the branding side of things to have merchandise with your logo/information on them (y)

I've purchased a couple of mugs and a t-shirt from them for personal use. Did a Light It Up Blue mug.
Nice company to work with.

I did some shirts a few years back, and members complained that half of them were poorly printed, or smelled like mold (There was an issue in delivery). I spent a about 2 weeks arguing to get them reimbursed or refunded, so I will not use them, nor buy from them now.

I go through the same company as my friend now, and just have them printed alongside his orders.

Last night, I was reading some comparisons between the different ones and several complained that the shirts from CafePress were poorly printed.

Last night, I was reading some comparisons between the different ones and several complained that the shirts from CafePress were poorly printed.
I think it greatly depends on the quality of the graphics submitted. Could be totally off base though because ive yet to order anything from CafePress myself.

I think it greatly depends on the quality of the graphics submitted. Could be totally off base though because ive yet to order anything from CafePress myself.
A lot of the time it is CafePress, and the not the graphics. Several print designers I know stopped using them, and warn customers not to use them, as they had a batch of shirts that all came out like crap.

I suggest using a local screen printer for tshirts. We had 70 shirts printed which came out to be about $7.50 a shirt cost. Which is much cheaper then other places. Granted we don't have the tshirts marked up a whole lot but it is mainly to get the name out. We also had hats embroidered by the same guy, they worked out to be around $9.00 a hat but we also didn't get as many of those made. I plan on making a bigger order of hats because they seemed to be more popular.

I would like do coffee mugs and pens at some point as well as a calendar.

How about a xenForo mug?
I started this not too long after the forum here opened, when I was on staff. But there wasn't much interest, so I dropped it.
I'm not on the staff any longer, so it's not my place to do it now. :)

Regarding Cafepress, I haven't used them to sell website related stuff, but I did have them print off the nasa blue marble image on some coasters and a mug, came out lovely.

Top Bottom