Buying new wireless router

Anything TP-Link

To put it into prospective. I can connect using just my wireless usb adaptor from the ground floor, when the unit is 8 floors up in the city.
Just want to say thank you. I purchased the TP-Link model I posted earlier from Amazon and couldn't be happier.
The signal is SO MUCH stronger. It's on the 2nd floor and I can get good signal up on 6th floor. With the old Linksys, the signal will only reach part of 6th floor.
Looks like a keeper.

Just want to say thank you. I purchased the TP-Link model I posted earlier from Amazon and couldn't be happier.
The signal is SO MUCH stronger. It's on the 2nd floor and I can get good signal up on 6th floor. With the old Linksys, the signal will only reach part of 6th floor.
Looks like a keeper.
I knew you'd like it (y) (you're welcome)

TP-Link is a brand that I feel is really over looked. They offer a very superior product and at very fair price. I'm surprised more people don't know about them.

Got that same model recently myself - it's amazing. Got it with the intention of installing DD-WRT, but the stock firmware is so good that I'm sticking with it

Lots of advanced routing features that I haven't seen on any consumer routers I've used before

Nice to find this, was looking for a replacement for the BT Home Hub 3 for when my fibre connection gets installed in 3 weeks time. People all over seem to suggest the WR1043ND is a top notch router.

Damn it. You've already purchased your router. Damn shame... seems I'm late to the party. I'm a little eccentric with my networking at home however I recommend the DLINK DGL-4500 Wireless router. I have yet to find a better router. There is a new wireless standard slowly being adopted known as AC so we'll all have to probably upgrade in the future but the new standard is an infant and not supported heavily yet.

Damn it. You've already purchased your router. Damn shame... seems I'm late to the party. I'm a little eccentric with my networking at home however I recommend the DLINK DGL-4500 Wireless router. I have yet to find a better router. There is a new wireless standard slowly being adopted known as AC so we'll all have to probably upgrade in the future but the new standard is an infant and not supported heavily yet.

Damn it... now you've got me looking at another and comparing them ><

trap.webp

That DLINK DGL-4500 Wireless router costs $120+ while the TP-Link is $45 and I don't game so I don't see the benefit of paying extra.

I own the DLINK DGL-4500 for the last couple of years and have had great performance. Though there is a very high-pitched squeal (whether the graphical display is on or off) that I hear depending on how I tilt my head near the router, so I keep it in the loft away from my home office. ;)

However, it's generally overkill for any but the hardcore gamers and is priced twice as high. So the TP-LINK seems to be a much better deal and has equal antenna performance as far as I could see...

I think I'll pick this up since I have some spare Amazon credit, I can use this for another purpose.

Top Bottom