• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Buying addons that you wouldn't need

Russ

His application add-on is really freaking cool, he's done a great job with it :D. We picked it up and will probably pick up another license for our gaming site.

On topic... we own various licenses to plugins we may of thought we'd need and a lot we're not using but... don't mind supporting developers.

Now buying competitors styles... well now, I just can't bring myself to that haha :D

Matthew Hawley

His application add-on is really freaking cool, he's done a great job with it :D. We picked it up and will probably pick up another license for our gaming site.

On topic... we own various licenses to plugins we may of thought we'd need and a lot we're not using but... don't mind supporting developers.

Now buying competitors styles... well now, I just can't bring myself to that haha :D
I'm getting $20 from a client so might buy all three. :D

Shelley

What's everyone's opinion on buying addons just to play around with them?
It's the reason why I purchased taiga chat primarily to play around with it and style it. I don't need it on my forums so disabled it after I had a week or two playing with it. I wanted to play around with one of the blogs and galleries but can't justify paying for it to play around with it but both add-ons are well worth their weight. I'll probably purchase them in the near future though because it also supports the developer.

Lisa

I'll purchase something to support the addon developer (and just to play around with) when I can, but I do generally use the addons I purchase in one way or another eventually.