1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying a website

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by TYSPRS, Feb 19, 2014.

1. TYSPRS

TYSPRS Member

when i buy a website does it setup automaticly or do i need to get somewhere to host it and i pay every month so it has the myslq or whatever its called plzz answere quickly

Thanks
    ~TYSPRS

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No, it does not set up automatically.

3. TYSPRS

TYSPRS Member

do u have any hosts that are good

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I recommend @Mike Edge if you're just starting out.

5. TYSPRS

TYSPRS Member

WHAT DOES HE DO

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A host provides you with server space. This server space allows you to run various services such as PHP, mySQL, etc. With this you can install applications such as XenForo on top of them. However, you'll need a domain to be able to point to your server, so you can access the space provided to you.

Amaury likes this.
  7. TYSPRS

TYSPRS Member

what plzz explain to me in less detail i under stood none of that sorry

8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Amaury likes this.
  9. TYSPRS

TYSPRS Member

ok well is hostgator a good one to install xenforo too

10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Really, almost any host will work with XenForo. I strongly suggest staying away from GoDaddy, though.

11. TYSPRS

TYSPRS Member

Danka

12. craftcraft

craftcraft New Member

@Amaury
    Why stay away from go daddy?

13. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You really should read a lot of reviews on their services.

14. TYSPRS

TYSPRS Member

Branding Removal - $250*
    This allows you to remove the visible XenForo copyright notice from all pages.
    • XenForo Resource Manager - $60*
      The XenForo Resource Manager is an add-on that allows you to manage files, downloads, and article-like content within your forum. Extension of support and updates is an additional $15 when you extend your XenForo license.Requires XenForo 1.2.0 or newer. (details)

• XenForo Enhanced Search - $50*
      An enhanced version of the XenForo search system, allowing higher quality results and faster searching for bigger installations. Extension of support and updates is an additional $10 when you extend your XenForo license. Requires access to install elasticsearch 0.16.0 or newer, XenForo 1.1.1 or newer, and is only appropriate for customers running a dedicated server or VPS. (details)

what do any of theese do and are they needed plzz reply quickly

15. oman

oman Well-Known Member

They are not needed. They are extras that can be added on to your license any time, without obligation.

Details about what each of them does: https://xenforo.com/purchase/xenforo-details

16. TYSPRS

TYSPRS Member

ok thanks

17. TYSPRS

TYSPRS Member

can anyone recommend a host to use

18. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Depends where you are located. If you are starting out and dont have members, try a cheap service like hostgator or something before you have decent traffic to move up to a host that can cater for your needs.

19. TYSPRS

TYSPRS Member

k thanks

20. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Do your research before buying to get an idea as to what the experience of the customers has been using the host you find.