As designed Buttons don't appear on options page in debug mode based upon the URL used to get there

Kevin

Affected version
2.1 B4
Maybe a bug... or something I just never noticed before. When viewing the Options page for an add-on you end up at two different URLs based upon how you got there. When in debug mode one URL gives the "Add Option" & "Edit Group" buttons while the other URL does not. The different URLs didn't really catch my attention as much as wondering at first why I didn't see the usual debug mode buttons.

Using XFMG as an example...

ACP => Setup => Options => XenForo Media Gallery = /admin.php?options/groups/xfmg/ Buttons appear as expected for debug mode.
ACP => Add-ons => Add-ons => "Options" from the drop-down menu = /admin.php?add-ons/XFMG/options No buttons as expected for debug mode.

Normal? 🤔

(Yes, the different URLs happen in 2.0.x also but from my current connection I can't easily put a 2.0.x test install in debug mode to see if the buttons behave the same way.)

Yeah it's pretty much expected. The route via the add-ons page is just a convenience in terms of users being able to find add-on specific options more easily. That page can also collate add-on options from multiple option groups as well, if an add-on uses multiple option groups.

"Add option" and "Edit group" are actually in the context of the current option group you're viewing. When you're viewing a list of options belonging to an add-on, there's no option group so the buttons there wouldn't make sense.

Top Bottom