1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Button offering Preferences selection?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by OwenJames, Sep 15, 2013.

1. OwenJames

OwenJames Active Member

I am wondering; how would I go about adding a button to the website, perhaps under the menu bar, which when clicked changes an element of the user preferences?

I know how to actually add a button, of course, but so far I have only been able to add a hyperlink to it based on a URL I find on the site.

I want to be able to to offer the users the chance to switch languages by clicking a button on the main interface, rather than having to go into preferences each time, select and then save...

Any hints or ideas about how I can go about this?

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

You know there is a language selector at the bottom of the page right, next to the style selector?

First thoughts, you would have to link to a separate custom-coded page that changed the language selection, and then redirected back.

3. OwenJames

OwenJames Active Member

So there is!

Well, that will do for now! I can link that to a button in the menu, to make it more visible.

Thanks a lot for the speedy response, and apologies for my n00bness.