Business grade color laser printer for high-quality materials

Andy.N

I'm curious if you have any recommendation on a business grade office printer that I can use to print the certificate (300dpi) and other print quality things as well as daily things.

I'm curious if you have any recommendation on a business grade office printer that I can use to print the certificate (300dpi) and other print quality things as well as daily things.
Whats your budget (ball park range) ?

.... And do you want any special features beyond just printing?

Mostly will be used for printing the certificates our business provides. The cert is PDF with 300dpi.
We can use other office printers for other tasks that don't require any special resolution or color.

Is this printer going to be accessed by one machine only or is there many computer which may have to print to that device?

Wifi is not required. Ethernet is a must. It will be a workgroup printer but I suspect only our secretary would need access to it.
We use Staples to print all of our certs currently and it's more productive to buy our own to save on time.

This is not an everyday printer. It will be used to print high quality color documents. Maybe a few hundreds per year.
How about a budget of $250? ;)

Realistically if you are just printing a few hundred a year, I would just hang closer to the smaller budget maybe up to 500 and get a mid to high end consumer printer that has the ability to print crispy photos.

Commercial/business type printers (unless you get into large format stuff or highly specialized stuff ) for the most part only give you the extra benefit of being able to take a beating while doing high volume production...if you are printing out a couple hundred a year you are hardly beating it...and to that effect my mother has an HP color printer, she religiously beats it by printing out coupons in color uselessly or to file something that she could easily save on her computer.

In the end to me she is just wasting ink which can get expensive no matter what kind of printer you have but the point of that is she really works that printer...and then I can go turn around and print a photo with it from a different room in the house and when finished it will look really nice (I have done flyers mailers and business cards with it and they looked great ).

It was about 200 something dollars at time of purchase (HP photosmart AIO) . If I were to substitute my photos for your certificates...I think I would be happy with the outcome (one way to know for sure would be for you to send me an example certificate and I print it and see what it yields on my printer. :) ) of value to purchase

It isn't as fast as some of the really expensive printers...but when I am printing something high quality I am not really not having a race. I also assume that would be correct for you, even if they take 2 minutes a page...at the end of the year you only lost a couple hundred minutes total in the worst case scenario, and if the printer breaks down...it is cheaper to replace than some of the high end stuff is to fix (when it is even possible).

This is a current model similar to my printer which works great printing almost anything.

If you need a print only model you can get more bang for the buck...(concerning prints.)

I'll take you up on your offer to print out the certificate and see if it looks good first.
Yes, I only need printing function but most machines these days seem to have many functions that I don't need.

I'll take you up on your offer to print out the certificate and see if it looks good first.
Yes, I only need printing function but most machines these days seem to have many functions that I don't need.
I have to agree with you there. The consumer end of printers have gone down in quality... ie... They don't last long and they eat ink like water, all while offering you the sun, the moon, and the stars.

Whatever happen to good solid printers that lasted, printed well quality, gave you what you needed, and didn't eat ink just sitting there?

Top Bottom