XF 2.2 Bumping addon version after making changes

asprin

A general doubt. Suppose I make some changes to a couple of files (current addon version is 1.0.0):
  • Controller/Foo.php
  • templates/foo.html

I save them, run them locally to ensure the changes are reflecting. Then via CLI, I bump the addon version (make it 1.0.1). Then I use the build-release command. This gives me the addon files with a version named 1.0.1.

Now my query is will the 1.0.1 version contain the changes I made to the above 2 files (which were done in 1.0.0) version? Or will I have to recpature them again after bumping the addon version before using the release command?

Solution
It will contain all the changes up to the point that you do the built-release (it's not doing anything complex like going to a repo or anything and trying to put together stuff from different versions. It's zipping up your addon directory (some other things too, but that's the core of it) when you run the build-release command.
It will contain all the changes up to the point that you do the built-release (it's not doing anything complex like going to a repo or anything and trying to put together stuff from different versions. It's zipping up your addon directory (some other things too, but that's the core of it) when you run the build-release command.

Solution
Can anyone clarify this?

Here:
I understand something else...

I typically use the workflow of bumping versions immediately after a release, so that template/phrase updates get marked with the correct version. Bumping versions just prior to a release will mean the updates will have been marked with the previous version.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that's especially problematic in practice since they will still be marked as changed when upgrading the add-on.
On second thought, if you don't bump them after a release, template/phrase customizations wouldn't get marked as outdated during upgrades since they would have the same version. So updating them immediately after is the way to go.

On second thought, if you don't bump them after a release, template/phrase customizations wouldn't get marked as outdated during upgrades since they would have the same version. So updating them immediately after is the way to go.
This explains a lot, thank you Jeremy.

Top Bottom