Bump a Thread [Paid] [Deleted]

I guess, that is the only way how this could work. I just don't like the idea of changing the timestamp for posts of other members. As with this add-on the last posts timestamp in the thread you are going to bump is changing, but hopefully no one will complain about this :)

I don't personally use the bump on other members but generally for sticky threads or important "must read" threads which this add-on serves perfectly for. That being said, only admins on my site can bump threads so it's never been an issue or likely to ever be an issue.

I think you didn't get me :) It can be your thread you are bumping, but the last post in that thread will be from someone else. So bumping that thread will change the timestamp for that last post, which was made by someone else.

In classifieds forums this way it can look, that member just visited the site (post could have been made 1 week ago), but he actually didn't, just the creator of thread bumped his thread, what changed the timestamp for the last post.

Will be nice if it will be possible to set a small timer of 24/h so the thread opener will sell see when he's able to bump again.
* I just prefer bumps after 24h..

If someone bumps a thread and you didn't forget to set up a time limits for usergroups, then they will see a popup message "you need to wait xyz minites until you can bump the thread again".

Guys this addon dead or still updating?
Atleast updating the current features to support with xF 1.2 ?

we can pay lot more than $0.99 if this gonna work.

@Max it is working with 1.2.x
I saw some people posting they are having issues with 1.2 and even the author said
About 1.2

I have NOT tested 1.2 yet, but just by reading the update list, I am expecting things to break.
Please do not rush to update to 1.2 if this add-on is vital to you and you cannot afford to disable it.

I will be providing an update as soon as I can, but this is not the only add-on that I have. There is no ETA, but expect weeks, not days.

So it might break somewhere, even if you manage to install successfully on the first impression.

It's still working for me on 1.2 and I recently uninstalled and then reinstalled it without issues so for me personally it works 100%

Its giving me errors with xF 1.2
I think you guys were using it with xF 1.1 and upgraded the forum to 1.2, may be that's why its working for you.

I have section "1" and section "2", each section is configured for one bump max. every 1440 minutes.
When a member gives a Bump in section "1" for example, can not give bump in section "2" and vice versa. Why?

Thanks!

Is there any way to stylize the "Bump" button apart from the rest of the buttons?

EDIT: Figured it out on my own. For anyone else interested, just add this to your EXTRA.css file.

Code:
/* BUMP BUTTON */
.privateControls a.item.control.Bump
{
background-color: #6BC945;
color: #FFF !important;
border: 1px solid black;
border-radius: 4px;
padding: 4px;
}

Last edited:
I'm trying to uninstall this add-on but when I click to uninstall it goes to a white screen. Anyone able to help?

Anything in the error log? Do you have the files for the add-on uploaded?

As far as I can see, the files are all there in the /library/XfAddOns/BumpThread folder.

Here is an error from the log...

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object - library/XfAddOns/BumpThread/Install/Install.php:31
Generated By: Case, Yesterday at 3:18 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(79) "http://www.domain.com/forum/admin.php?add-ons/xfa_bump_thread/delete"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/xfa_bump_thread/delete"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(2) {
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

As far as I can see, the files are all there in the /library/XfAddOns/BumpThread folder.

Here is an error from the log...

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object - library/XfAddOns/BumpThread/Install/Install.php:31
Generated By: Case, Yesterday at 3:18 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(79) "http://www.domain.com/forum/admin.php?add-ons/xfa_bump_thread/delete"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/xfa_bump_thread/delete"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(2) {
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}
Install the purchased copy, over the pirated version you're using now to fix.

Install the purchased copy, over the pirated version you're using now to fix.
The pirated version that came through an email after I purchased it through PayPal that said...

You can download Bump a Thread at

<Removed>

Please note, the download link will expire after 120 hours from now or after 5 attempts, whichever event happens first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom