Bump a Thread [Paid] [Deleted]

Alexey did, but it seemed a little too expensive for him. If more people need this feature they could split the price I guess.

I was going to make a suggestion that you possibly make this a paid add-on? dev the features and up the price to recoup costs because i think this is one fine add-on even in it's current state. I'm willing to pay £15 but whether people will purchase it in droves so your able to recoup costs is another matter and a decision you would need to weigh up yourself.

I mean, i'm happy with it in it's current state as it works great but if you were to increase the price with future updates I'd pay when those updated releases come.

Yeah I agree with @Shelley .
You could even make a sale once it's done to get it more popular.

My suggestions regard the new version:
1. Allow the admin at ACP to decide when it will be allowed to bump (let's say every 24hours)
3. Make the button unclickable once it's set for 24hours so the member will figure out it's not time yet (or could give an error message about when he can bump again)
3. To be able to add permission to have it on a specific forum only (Usually Marketplace forum, no need this button with the rest)

Besides,
If you could work on a mod that will allow the thread creator to close the thread after he sell his item that would be great.
(Even with automatic last post about the item no longer available or so)

If you ever consider adding features, would it be possible to limit this to only specific forums?

Or does anyone have an idea how to do that?

Hi @Rigel Kentaurus

I am really interested in this add-on. I have a few questions though about this add-on:

1. Is it possible at the moment to apply it only for a certain forum? (Buy and Sell)
2. Is it possible at the moment to set a different time frame for different user groups to bump a thread?
3. If not, is it then possible at the moment to set a one time frame for all users?
4. Is it already compatible with XenForo 1.2?

I am ready to pay more than 0.99 USD, so if you will increase the price of this mod to let's say 5 USD, that is no problem and I am sure more members will buy it even for an icreased price, if you will add missing features.

Last edited:
I can't even uninstall this addon I am getting this error "Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home2/downrive/public_html/library/XfAddOns/BumpThread/Install/Install.php on line 31"

Greg

I can't even uninstall this addon I am getting this error "Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /home2/downrive/public_html/library/XfAddOns/BumpThread/Install/Install.php on line 31"

Greg
Have you deleted the files through ftp before making the uninstall?

When I went to pm the OP it says he is on vacation until January.
Do you mean this?
Going for end-of-year break. Better wishes to all the XenForo customers, and merry holidays to the XenForo owners. Till January !! Nov 17, 2012
That is from last year. He is visiting few times per day XenForo.com so he is definitely not on a vacation, he probably just doesn't care to answer or to provide support which is really sad, as he is several times a day visiting this site :(

Hi @Rigel Kentaurus

I am really interested in this add-on. I have a few questions though about this add-on:

1. Is it possible at the moment to apply it only for a certain forum? (Buy and Sell)
2. Is it possible at the moment to set a different time frame for different user groups to bump a thread?
3. If not, is it then possible at the moment to set a one time frame for all users?
4. Is it already compatible with XenForo 1.2?

I am ready to pay more than 0.99 USD, so if you will increase the price of this mod to let's say 5 USD, that is no problem and I am sure more members will buy it even for an icreased price, if you will add missing features.
@Rigel Kentaurus can you please answer my questions?

I can not even try this add-on out as it is obviously not compatible with XenForo 1.2.x. So it would be really nice to know the answers to my questions.

I can and I will contribute to this add-on once my questions will be answered.

The most important question for me is, are you going to make this compatible with XenForo 1.2.x? If I can try this add-on out then I will contact you to find out how much it will cost to add additional features to this add-on.

Thanks in advance for your answer!

@Rigel Kentaurus can you please answer my questions?

I can not even try this add-on out as it is obviously not compatible with XenForo 1.2.x. So it would be really nice to know the answers to my questions.

I can and I will contribute to this add-on once my questions will be answered.

The most important question for me is, are you going to make this compatible with XenForo 1.2.x? If I can try this add-on out then I will contact you to find out how much it will cost to add additional features to this add-on.

Thanks in advance for your answer!

I've been using this add-on since day 1 and downloaded it from here when Rigel made it available so unsure what they latest version is but I'm using bump 1.0.1. As stated I've had this installed since day 1 and just uninstalled it successfully then re-installed it successfully without issue on the latest version of xenforo 1.2.1 so i know it works. Unsure what version your using or what is going on but I can assure you it works perfectly for me.

Screenshot_1.webp Screenshot_2.webp

@Rigel Kentaurus - Expect a donation your way always did appreciate your effort for building this add-on. :)

Bump-a-Thread.webp

@Shelley just purchased this after reading your messages and it is working for me too. Not sure what is causing the problem for others then. But I am glad it is working for me :)

I was not sure the way this is working. So this basically ovewrite the time of the last post in the thread, right? And that way it bumps it to the top?

View attachment 54957

@Shelley just purchased this after reading your messages and it is working for me too. Not sure what is causing the problem for others then. But I am glad it is working for me :)

I was not sure the way this is working. So this basically ovewrite the time of the last post in the thread, right? And that way it bumps it to the top?

Yes, you bump your thread and it silently bumps that thread to the top of the listings and displays on forum_list lastpost area that thread you just bumped without it being physically posted in. Good to hear it's working for you it's always worked for me without issues which really does shows the build quality of this fine add-on.

I guess, that is the only way how this could work. I just don't like the idea of changing the timestamp for posts of other members. As with this add-on the last posts timestamp in the thread you are going to bump is changing, but hopefully no one will complain about this :)

Top Bottom