Lack of interest Built in tools to minify and compress your files

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Rhydian

I searched and didn't find a thread in suggestions yet about this but I think it would be a nice idea to have options on your forums that will automatically compress and minify your files.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I searched and didn't find a thread in suggestions yet about this but I think it would be a nice idea to have options on your forums that will automatically compress and minify your files.

Kier mentioned somewhere that the CSS and HTML files are already compressed using PHP gzip and JS files re compressed using Apache gzip...

Is this what you mean?

Agreed. With the implementation of jQuery by default, users will find it easier to modify their forums and add enhancements via jQ so I feel there should be a method to minify and compress. It can help with modification download sizes too.

Kier mentioned somewhere that the CSS and HTML files are already compressed using PHP gzip and JS files re compressed using Apache gzip...

Is this what you mean?

Yep but I don't believe it removes white space from files just compresses them and I don't think it compresses images just yet which you can do from php :P

He means turning a 15kb .js file into a 5kb .js file, (or .css)
While the 15kb file is still as it originally is, for easy behind the curtain editing. However, the public version thats "saved" for the end user is the minified version.

They said they're planning on optimizing file size and everything once they're ready for a release (I think).

It doesn't make sense to minimize JS and CSS when you're still in the process of developing the platform.

They said they're planning on optimizing file size and everything once they're ready for a release (I think).

It doesn't make sense to minimize JS and CSS when you're still in the process of developing the platform.

I meant the forum owner has an option to minimize his files when he has uploaded new copies for example on a new plugin or theme.

Top Bottom