Not planned Built in themes?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
At most there will be one light and one dark default style.
Interested GIF by reactionseditor

Times have changed, dark themes used to be for dark "themed" forums like horror, metal music, etc. Now it's a common mode. It also took social media this long to come around. So I have hope.

I need maybe 2 hours to do that.
And honestly, anyone who wants to run a website should only do so if they have at least a basic knowledge of html and css.

Not to step on any toes, but crafting a dark theme is a bit more than just changing a few colors from light to dark. Especially users with vision impairments rely heavily on well chosen contrasts and color ratios. It's definitely not something that I would expect every forum administrator to know, or would classify basic knowledge.

Also just to note, it may entail more than just adding a theme since it's a common "mode" now. For example XF may implement an easy to find light/dark mode switch along with the theme introduction. So it's not just about the look.

I was just mentioning on a Discord server I'm on how forum admins used to frown on dark themes, going so far to claim it killed engagement, to now where people see light themes and think only some kind of monster would use it.

Why not?
Its really easy and fast.
And I was talking about basic.
It was easier than I thought. I created a child style, renamed my styles Light Mode, Dark Mode, and styled it in a few minutes with black page bg, dark grey content area, grey borders, and white text.

I just expected more conflicts and time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom